GDT [Divisional Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams

canadaluvsdallas

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Would make sense why he was getting pushed off the ball so easily. 

He should have swallowed his pride an taken himself out of the game instead of taking the whole team down with him. Surely we had 2 healthy DTs right?

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

He should have swallowed his pride an taken himself out of the game instead of taking the whole team down with him. Surely we had 2 healthy DTs right?

I dont think so. I think our other best 1tech was Price and he was injuried I thought. Crawford nor Maleik has shown they can handle those type of double teams. 

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I dont think so. I think our other best 1tech was Price and he was injuried I thought. Crawford nor Maleik has shown they can handle those type of double teams. 

Caraun Reid played pretty well for us this year. We were really short staffed on the DL last week though (only 7 active)

On 1/18/2019 at 12:27 PM, Calvert28 said:

You talking 'bout Brian Price?  He was a casualty of us not putting Travis Frederick on IR to start the season. We tried to sneak him to the practice squad to open a roster spot for an O-line man and he got snatched by some team.

Also, I think the Colts and Rams games should be the final indictment the FO needs to put Marinelli's idea of having DTs be sub-305lb "rushmen" to bed. He so stubborn about having 1-gap shooting DTs our run defense has become ripe for the picking for teams with top-10 O-lines that make a commitment to run up the gut on us.  They need a true anchoring DT that have some ability to penetrate like either of the 'Bama boys that Washington drafted.  But..can't get one of those picking from the high-50's in the daft.  Oh well....bring on the trash-heap of oversized 3-tech DTs...

46 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

You talking about Brian Price?  He was a casualty of us not putting Travis Frederick on IR to start the season. We tried to sneak him to the practice squad to open a roster spot for an O-line man and he got snatched by some team.

Also, I think the Colts and Rams game should be the final indictment the FO needs to put Marinelli's idea of having DTs be sub-305lb "rushmen". He so stubborn about having 1-gap shooting DTs our run defense has become ripe for the picking for teams with top-10 O-lines that make a commitment to run up the gut on us.  They need a true anchoring DT that have some ability to penetrate like either of the 'Bama boys that Washington drafted.  But..can't get one of those picking from the high-50's in the daft.  Oh well....bring on the trash-heap of oversized 3-tech DTs...

Sorry not Price. I meant Ross. Ross dominated early season then seemed to slip off mid season and towards the end because of injuries.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Sorry not Price. I meant Ross. Ross dominated early season then seemed to slip off mid season and towards the end because of injuries.

Dang..forgot about Ross. He had some meat on him but still in the same mold of Woods.  Both of them could shoot gaps for fat guys and blow-up 1vs1 when pass-rushing, but against a good to great run-blocking O-line, they get put on roller skates...even 1vs1. I'm not expecting a Wilfork type 1DT, but we should start bringing in anchoring, two-gap 1DTs that demands double team to harden-up the soft middle of our D-line on run downs.  As far as Maleik goes, let him test the free agency because that dude has glass lower legs.  We need to finally beef up our 1DTs and stop expecting them to be "rushmen".

1 minute ago, ///mcompact said:

Dang..forgot about Ross. He had some meat on him but still in the same mold of Woods.  Both of them could shoot gaps for fat guys and blow-up 1vs1 when pass-rushing, but against a good to great run-blocking O-line, they get put on roller skates...even 1vs1. I'm not expecting a Wilfork type 1DT, but we should have one anchoring, two-gap DT that demands double team to harden-up the soft middle of our D-line run downs.  As far as Maleik goes, let him test the free agency because that dude has glass lower legs.  We need to finally beef up our DTs.

Again. It doesnt have to be a 1st round pick or even a 2nd to get a big run stuffing DT.

I get Rod doesnt value them but hell, can we spend a 4th round pick?

We can spend a little more capital than an undrafted DT.

Archived