Incels?

TecmoSuperJoe

I wonder if there previously published books on this from years back. Guessing no, because growing up I never heard about this thing. But with the advent of the internet, the incel community has clearly grown. There are already a few documentaries online. Written works will probably follow. 

On 1/15/2019 at 10:15 PM, BayRaider said:

Sounds idiotic. If you want women develop superior social skills, always be confident, and be introductory. Most of these guys probably don’t even approach women and expect women to be handed to them on a silver platter. That’s not how life works.

Sex is one of the most insatiable urges out there, but no one OWES you sex. 

People online are weird. I'm painting with a broad brush, but there are people who cry about being "incels" and I'm going to assume that there's some overlap in the cosmic Venn diagram of male incels with Gamer/Comicsgaters and those guys who sit there and criticise, say, AOC's looks. 

I've had plenty of sex with plenty of women - and none of them were a 10 (I'd rate my ex-wife as about 8.5 in her prime - I rated probably a 7 at my best, so that's pretty good for me). But they were all great gals who were fun to hang out with and a blast in the sack, so who cares about that? Work out a bit, learn to dress, chew with your mouth closed, and ask people to talk about themselves and listen (or at least pretend to). Well-dressed and reasonably fit with manners and conversational skills goes a lot further than one might think. 

On 2/6/2019 at 8:09 PM, Kiwibrown said:

There are a bunch of young guys at the hospital who are in dead in end jobs, that are low paying and they game a lot. If they arent incels, they are headed that way, not many women are attracted to gamers, who are unwilling to progress their lives, who make crap money.  I think cultural narratives that you are special as you are and you have a lot potential have a part to blame in this phenomenon. the reality is not everyone gets to do a job they love and get paid big bucks for it. a lot of people do jbs that kind of suck so they can pay the bills for their family.  

What's funny to me, and I touched on this in my previous post, is there is some weird pollination of misogyny, male privilege, and the feeling of being an incel....

....you hear a LOT of it about gamers, yet if you look at the Gamergate fiasco, women WHO LIKE GAMING were going "y'know, it'd be cool to get some representation for myself in here, and that would probably attract even more women!" So men who piss and moan about not getting laid LASHED OUT AT IDEAS TO ATTRACT MORE WOMEN INTO THEIR CIRCLE. The same thing happened with Comicsgate (and reportedly at comics shop through the years) - a bunch of cute AF female comics creators took a pic having milkshakes and it blew up into how women are horning into comics and writing comics that appeal to women, ATTRACTING MORE WOMEN INTO THE CIRCLE OF COMICS FANDOM; a fandom populated by men who can't get laid (I know, I was one). 

Similar stuff goes on in the male-centric world of science fiction. 

It boggles my mind - I've had a handful of long-term relationships and the women were certainly tolerant of my interests in sf and gaming, but to think the idea that someone would be objecting to a bunch of gals who look like this....

DF17d6oXcAETTCG.jpg 

...being gung-ho on something I was interested in boggles my f*cking mind (this is the photo that set off Comicsgate). 

Do any of them ever consider that Chad might actually be nicer than them? Seems like every guy I’ve ever heard complain about females not liking nice guys aren’t actually as nice as they think they are. And it’s always hot women they’re whining about because they’re as shallow as they think they women are

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

What's funny to me, and I touched on this in my previous post, is there is some weird pollination of misogyny, male privilege, and the feeling of being an incel....

....you hear a LOT of it about gamers, yet if you look at the Gamergate fiasco, women WHO LIKE GAMING were going "y'know, it'd be cool to get some representation for myself in here, and that would probably attract even more women!" So men who piss and moan about not getting laid LASHED OUT AT IDEAS TO ATTRACT MORE WOMEN INTO THEIR CIRCLE. The same thing happened with Comicsgate (and reportedly at comics shop through the years) - a bunch of cute AF female comics creators took a pic having milkshakes and it blew up into how women are horning into comics and writing comics that appeal to women, ATTRACTING MORE WOMEN INTO THE CIRCLE OF COMICS FANDOM; a fandom populated by men who can't get laid (I know, I was one). 

It boggles my mind - I've had a handful of long-term relationships and the women were certainly tolerant of my interests in sf and gaming, but to think the idea that someone would be objecting to a bunch of gals who look like this....

DF17d6oXcAETTCG.jpg 

...being gung-ho on something I was interested in boggles my f*cking mind (this is the photo that set off Comicsgate). 

I have no idea what you're talking about but the girl who took that photo is exactly my type. Who is she?

On 2/8/2019 at 8:53 AM, PapaShogun said:

I wonder if there previously published books on this from years back. Guessing no, because growing up I never heard about this thing. But with the advent of the internet, the incel community has clearly grown. There are already a few documentaries online. Written works will probably follow. 

https://www.amazon.com/Kill-All-Normies-Culture-Alt-Right/dp/1785355430

this one isnt entirely about incels but it was someones phd thesis that they turned inot a book.  its surprisingly intellectual (didnt know it was a phd thesis).  i learned way more about tumblr and gamergate than i ever wanted to

7 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Sex is one of the most insatiable urges out there, but no one OWES you sex. 

People online are weird. I'm painting with a broad brush, but there are people who cry about being "incels" and I'm going to assume that there's some overlap in the cosmic Venn diagram of male incels with Gamer/Comicsgaters and those guys who sit there and criticise, say, AOC's looks. 

I've had plenty of sex with plenty of women - and none of them were a 10 (I'd rate my ex-wife as about 8.5 in her prime - I rated probably a 7 at my best, so that's pretty good for me). But they were all great gals who were fun to hang out with and a blast in the sack, so who cares about that? Work out a bit, learn to dress, chew with your mouth closed, and ask people to talk about themselves and listen (or at least pretend to). Well-dressed and reasonably fit with manners and conversational skills goes a lot further than one might think. 

no venn diagram, just a circle

On 10/02/2019 at 6:24 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

They are all kind of like comic book guy, but dumb and angry.

I have heard that some incells think the Gov should regulate women have sex with them. Mental.

On 10/02/2019 at 6:24 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

DF17d6oXcAETTCG.jpg 

To add, if I did all the things that I wanted to do i wouldn't be married  I'd be more over weight, I'd do geekier hobbies. The reality is i have to conform to some norms, or positive ideals to be an attractive partner. Which I nailed cos my wife is beautiful. 

We all have to pick up our own loadand get on with it. 

Archived