Incels?

TecmoSuperJoe

On 2/18/2019 at 5:21 PM, Heimdallr said:

CICO is an indisputable law, even that Heathline article doesn't argue that. All they are trying to say in that article is that different foods have different hormone/insulin impacts, which makes maintaining calorie levels either easier/harder. Such a poorly written, contradictory article. 

And again - this. The article is saying that 500 calories of lettuce will satiate you longer than 500 calories of pure sugar, and this will be easier to stick to a below maintenance level. 

2 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

Are all calories the same?

Does every calorie activate the same processes in the body? No. Does every calorie satiate you the same? No. Does every calorie impact overall health the same? No. Does every calorie have the same impact on body fat? Yes. 

5 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

Yeahhhhh..... but kinda not really.

Show me where, in any of those articles, they state that dropping calories below maintenance doesn’t reduce body fat. 

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

Does every calorie activate the same processes in the body? No. Does every calorie satiate you the same? No. Does every calorie impact overall health the same? No. Does every calorie have the same impact on body fat? Yes. 

What about Diet Coke?

I heard that negatively affects weight loss even though it has 0 calories because it tricks your body into thinking that its sweetener

Just now, pwny said:

We have all gotten past understanding that no matter who you are, Auschwitz will make you skinny. I am talking about the diet in practical terms. I am not denying the most basic science of it. I am saying a simple CICO diet, practically applied by every american, is not going to always see success. Because "less in, more out" isnt enough. 

Remember, the original argument was that "fat is all calories in, calories out" that I argued against, saying it was more complicated than that. Not so much weight, but FAT. And it has morphed into some quasi hostile argument involving "fatties" and Auschwitz inmates and people dying on hills.

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

What about Diet Coke?

I heard that negatively affects weight loss even though it has 0 calories because it tricks your body into thinking that its sweetener

If you drank a Diet Coke on top of your exact same diet, it wouldn’t change your weight. However, the mechanisms in the sweeteners are going to make you more likely to eat more food because your body is expecting simple sugars that aren’t actually there. 

Archived