Mornhinweg Out as Offensive Coordinator, Roman In

coordinator0

2 hours ago, Danand said:

Kubiak would run with Boyle and Williams as inline tight ends, while we just drafted two tight ends who excels as down field pass catchers. I still think we should try to bring back both Boyle and Maxx Williams, but run more sets with Hurst and Andrews on the field.

I'm pretty sure Kubiak would use one of Boyle or Williams as an H-Back and let Hurst and the other guy be the in-line TE while Andrews is your receiving TE who you split out.

But again, this is all moot cuz Greg Roman. I really want Hayden Hurst to take the next step this year. He was very disappointing despite making some nice plays in the limited action he saw.

Don't know if I'm a fan of this hire. As a helper with the offensive game-planning during the week, He too didn't help make adjustments as the offense was getting cooked the entire game. I'll reserve judgement, but I'm not happy or mad at this present moment. I need to see what this passing attack will look like.

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Don't know if I'm a fan of this hire. As a helper with the offensive game-planning during the week, He too didn't help make adjustments as the offense was getting cooked the entire game. I'll reserve judgement, but I'm not happy or mad at this present moment. I need to see what this passing attack will look like.

Meh. When Wink was involved in Pees gameplan he didn’t have the greatest adjustments but as the guy in charge has implemented some good half time adjustments. I think, like with Pees, Marty is an old coach with a ton of pride that likely sees taking advice from his staff as a sign that he’s “wrong”. And guys like him don’t like to admit when they’re wrong.

As long as Roman is a more “open” coach that relies on his assistants to help him turn a game around, which he did adjust against us in the SB when he was an OC, than he’s already a leg above what we had with Marty.

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Meh. When Wink was involved in Pees gameplan he didn’t have the greatest adjustments but as the guy in charge has implemented some good half time adjustments. I think, like with Pees, Marty is an old coach with a ton of pride that likely sees taking advice from his staff as a sign that he’s “wrong”. And guys like him don’t like to admit when they’re wrong.

As long as Roman is a more “open” coach that relies on his assistants to help him turn a game around, which he did adjust against us in the SB when he was an OC, than he’s already a leg above what we had with Marty.

I'll trust your judgement, DB. I'm in a mini crisis since I won't see #5 in Raven purple anymore. My heart hurts and my judgement is that of a cold-blooded man. Fire everybody, haha.

8 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Not a good look that we couldn't get more than one 1st down in 3 quarters now...

Chargers felt apart fast like we did. Yesterday Luck was completely off and had a Lamar Jackson kind of game. Weird how Ravens seem to be the only team who can put up a fight in foxborough

1 minute ago, Danand said:

Chargers felt apart fast like we did. Yesterday Luck was completely off and had a Lamar Jackson kind of game. Weird how Ravens seem to be the only team who can put up a fight in foxborough

Young QBs (sans Mahomes who's an exception) and young coaches(experience wise) getting worked these afc playoffs

1 minute ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Gus Bradley going in with the same gameplan to defend Tom Brady that he had last week to defend Lamar Jackson is right up there with Marty not changing a damn thing about our gameplan last week in terms of dumbest coaching moves of the playoffs. 

"It worked against an offense built in one bye week! It must work against the best coach and QB in history!"

Yeah, the Ravens were truly the most dangerous wildcard team in the playoffs and like I said during Chargers v1, it just was the absolute WORST matchup for our squad. Against the Patriots our defense would’ve been fierce and they’re defense with its many slow pieces was not stopping our offense.

Now we could’ve definitely loss to the Chiefs but I didn’t think it would be because they could completely stop the run. I thought they would win because of a combination of our defense not being able to stop Mahomes mobility and throwing guys open as well as our passing attack not showing up... like against the Chargers. It just sucks that Marty’s incompetence cost us a shot at legitimately being able to hoist the Lombardi... with a rookie in tow.

Archived