Possible Trade Options for Brown

VigilantZombie

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Age plays a factor, but Brown is light years better than Cooper.

Plus Cooper is under contract only thrubjext year...Brown is under contract at roughly a AAV of $14 mill per for 3 more years...when number 2 FA WRs are getting 9-10 mill per...Browns contract isn’t a problem...it’s him.

So gentlemen I would like some opinions here on some things in regards to the draft on posting this here because I started this thread I don't really want to make another one because my purpose here with this post is I'm going to do another mock draft I like to do them occasionally but I try to read them out a little bit the first mentioned some positions and find out how you feel about those positions in terms of whether or not it's a need and where you would or would not draft that position.

So the first position I've got to ask about his tight end into the obvious name to me is Noah Fant. I've heard a few people and seen a few people mock him to the Steelers in the first round. Is there anyone here that would actually think that is a good pick? Personally I do not I don't have a problem with us drafting a tight end in round three or four or five but to take one in the first round I actually think I'd be quite upset about it but I want to hear what the rest of you think.

I think that we can all agree that linebacker is a need both inside and outside. I believe that they will address one of those positions in free agency personally I'm hopeful that it is in way of Deone Bucannon. And then we are drafting an outside linebacker but I could see us doubling up on inside linebacker if they believe that bud Dupree is a full-time starter moving forward. Some guys I personally like or Devin white Mack Wilson and Vosean Joseph.

I personally do feel that Devin white is possibly a little undersized. I fear that his hype is bigger than his potential.

Cornerback I think again we can all agree is a really big need I think the corners that fit Us best in the draft or Brian Murphy and Amani Oruwariye. Now I'm not specifically labeling them as the best corners available I am saying that I believe they are the best fits for our team. Imani is more of a ball-hawking athletic Corner who is going to need to improve on tackling. Brian Murphy I feel like even more well-rounded but Zone type of corner that is capable of playing man-to-man he is I think more prototypical of the type of Corners Pittsburgh likes to draft.

Running back. Part of me feels that what we need here is a pure power back. I feel very strongly that seems like the Kansas City Chiefs proved that running back by committee works so you don't need an All-Star running back to succeed. I feel like we need sort of a jack of all trades that can actually successfully and consistently run the ball that isn't necessarily as good as James Conner although he could be I don't care I wouldn't complain but isn't as pass exclusive as I think Samuels is going to be. Personally I would think 3rd or 4th round maybe even later.

Offensive line. I am good with offensive line any round after the first. I believe that our offensive line is getting up there in age and I don't have a problem at all with us investing youth into the interior offensive line I do believe that we have some future Replacements on our roster but there is absolutely no harm in my opinion it investing in a guy if a guy is there that is good value and has real potential.

Wide receiver. I'm not against drafting a wide receiver in the first round but it would have to be the right guy. In the second round I actually like Harmon I don't know if he will be there he's not necessarily a speed guy but it definitely feel like he could be a very good X receiver. I definitely feel that it's a need and I'm not sure that I have a problem with drafting wide receiver in any round because I am a believer the engineer Brown will be traded.

Defensive line. I'm not sure I feel that the defensive line needs to be at the top of the list I do feel like we need to improve our depth there but for the most part I'm fine with the guys we have starting I do feel that we could improve upon Hargrave but if the linebacker and secondary situations improve I can live with Hargrave.

Quarterback. I don't want a quarterback anytime before the 6th round. I don't love this draft for quarterbacks in general and while I don't think that Dobbs is the guy I don't feel pressed as a need for us to actually go out and get a quarterback in this draft.

Safety. I definitely feel like safety is a need is it a draft need well if the right guy is there absolutely I feel like we need to address it somehow maybe free agency maybe the draft honestly preferably in the first five rounds

Fant would be a game breaker in our offense alongside McDonald.  I personally think that we have MUCH bigger needs that TE, but if FA works out and he is there, it might be worth a shot.  I actually might like the other Iowa TE better as more of an inline blocker/weapon than Fant, who is a move-slot guy.  I love Nauta, but I am a UGA homer so....

As for ILB, I am good with VWill being our 2 down thumper.  We need a coverage option that is an upgrade on Fort.  We need more of the big safety/dime backer role.  We might be seeing the end of what we know as a true 2 ILB lineup with the plugger and the cover/will.

CB is the biggest need, and biggest deal on this team at this point.  I like Murphy and Amani, but if they fit what Pitt does, maybe we need to look at what Pitt usually does.  What I mean by that is, we all know the history of what Pitt looks for in CB, and we need to examine our methods.  The fact that we usually get athletes and projects really bothers me.  I like those two guys, but I'd be open for a discussion on where we need to go as a franchise and what we look for in our DBs and see if we are doing what we need to do.

RB is NOT a need for me... I mean, if we wanna get one in 5-6, that is OK, but I don't think we need another back.  Get a FA powerback and draft another CB.

OL... same as above.  If the right guy falls, yea... but otherwise... get a CB or OLB

WR really depends on what happens with AB.  I am not ready to give up on Washington, and if AB is back, we have enough there, even if DHB hangs it up.  If AB takes flight, we can ****** a WR with the pick we get and roll from there.  Plus, with the addition of someone like a Fant, he plays as another big reciever anyway.

Now, DL IS a need for me.  Shade Tree sucks, Walton is not developing, and Alualu is a FA and not a gamebreaker.  We will blow up Tuitt and Heyward if we keep ignoring this issue.  Hargrave is a grown *** man, and can play some nickel snaps, but we have to get another guy (Isiah Buggs would be awesome in Rd3)

QB and Safety can kick rocks... not needs at all.  MAYBE a depth safety, but that can be a FA guy.  Unless we get a TRUE FS that can go one high and we play Davis and Edmunds down as SS, it is not even close to a need for me. 

4 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

DL depth is a underrated need.

I'd like to grab a backup 3-4 End(maybe bring back Alualu) and a guy more like a strong side 4-3 DE. Someone who can get after the QB a little. When's the last time we had a backup DE that could rush the passer? 

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd like to grab a backup 3-4 End(maybe bring back Alualu) and a guy more like a strong side 4-3 DE. Someone who can get after the QB a little. When's the last time we had a backup DE that could rush the passer? 

When Brett Keisel was a backup.

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I would like to keep Alualu. Id like to add a DE, OLB, CB, and ILB in the draft regardless of what we do in FA. Id also say WR cuz we do well there more often than not.

Deone Bucannon, Markus Golden, Alualu, and I'm not sure about CB. The market there is thin at CB, but that's my wishlist. I wouldn't love to rely on Haden and Sensabaugh again. Maybe Brian Allen will put it together this year, maybe Sutton takes a leap? I don't know but we need some corners that don't suck. Herb Waters? lol

Archived