Cody Parkey on the Today Show

WindyCity

14 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

That was embarrassing. It's the feel sorry for me parade. He said his teammates have his back...guessing not anymore. 

Why wouldn't they still though?  He didn't throw anyone under the bus and took full responsibility.  You guys are too harsh sometimes man lol.  The guy is still human after all and seems like a legit good guy.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Why wouldn't they still though?  He didn't throw anyone under the bus and took full responsibility.  You guys are too harsh sometimes man lol.  The guy is still human after all and seems like a legit good guy.

Why even do this? No way the Bears approved it and it looks like a sympathy grab. Do what Mack did. Say little and go back out there next year. 

4 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Why even do this? No way the Bears approved it and it looks like a sympathy grab. Do what Mack did. Say little and go back out there next year. 

I don't know what his motive was. Could be money, could be to rehab his image by facing the public, who knows? Everyone is different but I'm certainly not insulted and all up in arms over it like other Bears fans are.  It's really not a big deal.  He probably won't be back anyway regardless of this or not.

Patrick Mannelly was on the radio and he was like "What the hell is this kid doing"? He's like "I guarantee you there's a team group chat going on right now about this and it isn't good.

**** Cody Parkey. Seriously. Just go away and you can say it's because Jesus willed it so.

50 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't know what his motive was. Could be money, could be to rehab his image by facing the public, who knows? Everyone is different but I'm certainly not insulted and all up in arms over it like other Bears fans are.  It's really not a big deal.  He probably won't be back anyway regardless of this or not.

I'm not insulted. But it's only been 5 days since the loss....maybe wait a while or do nothing. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I don't want Cody back but not because of this.  I don't see what he did wrong here and not sure why people are making such a big fuss about it over the internet.

Because it's the internet where people like to look for drama wherever they can find it.

I was listening to the show this morning when it was aired and the interview was filled with nothing. It practically wasn't even an interview and not much was said about anything. 

They talked about the missed kick and he said I didn't know it was tipped, the kick felt good, when it hit the upright the first time I thought it was going in for sure. They all laughed a litle and that was about it. The same old stuff we have heard.

After  the Cody interveiw was over I switched back to Mully and a guest was on the phone (forgot who) and was asked about it but he hadn't heard it yet (I guess the actual live interview took place an hour before it was played "live" in Chicago time). And so they were explaining it and like Haugh said, what's her name didn't even ask him about the other misses throughout the season or the other 5 that went off the upright.

It was a dull interview with no substance whatsoever so I don't know what everyone is so upset about. I didn't  know this was even thing until I just saw this thread.

1 100% guarantee that his team mates supported him publicly, but are done with him privately.

You have no idea how pissed guys get when they break their bones and tear up their knees and kickers miss kicks and blow huge games.

You think Mitch is happy? That was a huge moment for him and his narrative.

Archived