Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Cody Parkey on the Today Show

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1 100% guarantee that his team mates supported him publicly, but are done with him privately.

You have no idea how pissed guys get when they break their bones and tear up their knees and kickers miss kicks and blow huge games.

You think Mitch is happy? That was a huge moment for him and his narrative.

Man get over it Windy.  It was proven to be tipped, which surely affected the ball hitting the two goal posts.

Yes Parkey had a disappointing season and doesn't deserve to keep his job based on his performance but your narrative just stinks.

Mitch and the defense could have done a better job during the rest of the game to ensure the final outcome didn't come down to that last kick.  Maybe the o-line could have also blocked the opposing team's players better too on that last kick, or is it Parkey's fault too for not getting enough air under the ball?

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Man get over it Windy.  It was proven to be tipped, which surely affected the ball hitting the two goal posts.

Yes Parkey had a disappointing season and doesn't deserve to keep his job based on his performance but your narrative just stinks.

Mitch and the defense could have done a better job during the rest of the game to ensure the final outcome didn't come down to that last kick.  Maybe the o-line could have also blocked the opposing team's players better too on that last kick, or is it Parkey's fault too for not getting enough air under the ball?

Do you really think the guys in the locker room are privately happy with Parkey? You obviously do not know how football locker rooms work. 

When you are kicking a 43 yard field goal there is no reasons a 6'2" fat guy with 0 penetration should block your kick, unless you are scared of missing and you half swing at it and do not get enough gas and air on it.

Mitch and the defense could have done better, but neither were on the Today Show accepting the Most Honorable Player award.

Most locker rooms do not look at the kickers as being football players.

Most locker rooms are downright livid when the "stupid kicker" [Peyton Manning] screws up, because they have 1 job.

This ain't pop warner. That kick costs everyone in the locker room money.

Edited by WindyCity

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Most locker rooms do not look at the kickers as being football players.

Most locker rooms are downright livid when the "stupid kicker" [Peyton Manning] screws up, because they have 1 job.

This ain't pop warner. That kick costs everyone in the locker room money.

You're comparing Mike Vanderjagt to Cody Parkey? Lol really?

We all know that guy was a ******. I'm sure Peyton doesn't feel the same way about Vinatieri.

Anyway I'm going to ignore your ignorant comments about what really happened last Sunday and not lay blame on the easiest scapegoat of all when it wasn't really his fault.

That said I hope we sign Gould back or someone more reliable than Cody.

30 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

We all know that guy was a ******. I'm sure Peyton doesn't feel the same way about Vinatieri.

Anyway I'm going to ignore your ignorant comments about what really happened last Sunday and not lay blame on the easiest scapegoat of all when it wasn't really his fault.

I honestly have most of the blame on Nagy. Like he did at numerous points this season, he seemed over-conservative and neutered the offense. The talent on our offense and knowing that Cox and Bennett constantly get pressure up the middle but he refused to get Tru out of the pocket when he was healthy, could not scheme open players against a mediocre secondary, etc. Putting up so few points and not getting a TD until the 9th drive is something I would expect of Loggains, not Nagy. The offense was too talented to be so erratic and inconsistent, and a Tru definitely has a hold of that problem too. But we consistently saw gameplans that refused to stretch the defense, rely on shallow drags on 3rd that was short of the 1st, far hash outs, and poorly executed screens. I mean, outside of Tru and Cohen no one really had many YAC did they?

Our offense just flat out couldn't finish, we should have put up 21 points at minimum. Doing less was a failure, even counting the Miller/LeBlanc gaffe that likely cost us 4 points.

I like Nagy, but he wasn't an amazing coach this year, he rode an elite defense to a division title, as an "offensive genius" he had several bad games and put up the 21st most yards, 9th most points (inflated due to the 6-7 defensive TDs, 36 takeaways, etc), had 2 great runners and a very mobile QB combine for only 4.1 YPC (26th in the NFL), etc.

Edited by Sugashane

30 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears scored 15 points and we're talking about the kicker costing our QB his "narrative"...

Right. He led them down the field twice, once to go ahead and once for a chance to win. It would have been huge. When Vinatieri and Gostkowski make important FG's they're taken for granted. No one in Boston would have said "it's ok, Stephen! Tom should have put up another TD!" Playoff games are tight. No one in Philadelphia was upset that the Eagles barely snuck by ATL last year to open the playoffs 15-10 thanks to 3 FG's *by a rookie*. These guys are paid to make kicks and Parkey missed time and time again and we all knew it would **** the Bears eventually but hey CAP SPACE AND DEAD MONEY!!!!1!1!

I guess I'm thankful the loser missed against Philly because it would have been that much more painful had it been tomorrow, next Sunday or god forbid February 3.

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Correct. Kick the ball higher. All of these other kickers from around the league kick the piss out of the ball and this **** consistently gets the ball just over the crossbar. 

And Jay Feely among others have already said the ball being knipped by a fingernail wouldn't have effected it.

Edited by beardown3231

27 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I honestly have most of the blame on Nagy. Like he did at numerous points this season, he seemed over-conservative and neutered the offense. The talent on our offense and knowing that Cox and Bennett constantly get pressure up the middle but he refused to get Tru out of the pocket when he was healthy, could not scheme open players against a mediocre secondary, etc. Putting up so few points and not getting a TD until the 9th drive is something I would expect of Loggains, not Nagy. The offense was too talented to be so erratic and inconsistent, and a Tru definitely has a hold of that problem too. But we consistently saw gameplans that refused to stretch the defense, rely on shallow drags on 3rd that was short of the 1st, far hash outs, and poorly executed screens. I mean, outside of Tru and Cohen no one really had many YAC did they?

Our offense just flat out couldn't finish, we should have put up 21 points at minimum. Doing less was a failure, even counting the Miller/LeBlanc gaffe that likely cost us 4 points.

I like Nagy, but he wasn't an amazing coach this year, he rode an elite defense to a division title, as an "offensive genius" he had several bad games and put up the 21st most yards, 9th most points (inflated due to the 6-7 defensive TDs, 36 takeaways, etc), had 2 great runners and a very mobile QB combine for only 4.1 YPC (26th in the NFL), etc.

We know. You like Parkey and he fits right in with the rest of the bad kickers across the league. He can do no wrong and tried his hardest.

43 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

We know. You like Parkey and he fits right in with the rest of the bad kickers across the league. He can do no wrong and tried his hardest.

I don’t think any of us have ever said that lol. We’re saying the offense dropped the ball and screwed the pooch. The fact is, the game should’ve never come down to that kick. It should’ve been a double digit difference in scores but the offense did nothing the entire game. Cody Parkey did roughly as good as he could have 

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Preach it like you see it brother! Nagy is absolutely the biggest reason for that loss.

But the blame don't stop there either. Mitch was ineffective. No ground game. The entire offense as a whole was lethargic and inept for 3 qrts. And while the defense did enough to win the game, that was not the same defense that we saw in the reg season either -- I don't care what the score was. 

9 hours ago, Tyty said:

I don’t think any of us have ever said that lol. We’re saying the offense dropped the ball and screwed the pooch. The fact is, the game should’ve never come down to that kick. It should’ve been a double digit difference in scores but the offense did nothing the entire game. Cody Parkey did roughly as good as he could have 

Don't say "any of us" because there is one poster who believes otherwise. Maybe it's not @Sugashane and I got him mixed up with someone else.

And if 75% including a miss from 43 is the best Parkey can do, then that's even more reason to cut his sorry ***

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

What? I've bashed him as much as anyone and want him cut regardless of dead cap, I've said that for most of the season and said he would cost us games. I'm not arguing here, I'm genuinely lost at your point. When news came out it was tipped I was even the one hoping the tip wouldn't cause Pace to overlook the miss when deciding to cut him or not. 

My point was Nagy was crap, putting Tru in predictable positions the entire first half. Tru is still supposed to be the franchise QB and needs to find a way to play better. His 2nd half The offense was trash, and was outscored by a garbage kicker. That is pretty damning IMO.  Scoring only 1 TD in any game vs any defense is crap.  That should have been won by at least 10 points, it was a failure as soon as we had to rely on a GW kick from the Brass Toe. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Don't say "any of us" because there is one poster who believes otherwise. Maybe it's not @Sugashane and I got him mixed up with someone else.

And if 75% including a miss from 43 is the best Parkey can do, then that's even more reason to cut his sorry ***

Yep, definitely had me confused with someone else. Now the above post makes way more sense. Lol. I want better than him too. 

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Preach it like you see it brother! Nagy is absolutely the biggest reason for that loss.

But the blame don't stop there either. Mitch was ineffective. No ground game. The entire offense as a whole was lethargic and inept for 3 qrts. And while the defense did enough to win the game, that was not the same defense that we saw in the reg season either -- I don't care what the score was. 

The defense seemed more bend-but-don't-break than usual to me. I think missing Jackson caused them to tone down the aggressiveness from Fuller and Co. Idk, it definitely didn't seem as dominant, but did more than enough to win. Some of the stupid gaffes were the only reason they scored 10 points too. 

But to your point on offense, you're right. Lack of separation, Tru missed some easy throw a he needs to make, OL definitely had a battle that was often a losing one, etc. Nagy's gameplay sucked. 

I'm still really happy with the hire, and I think he will be a hell of a coach, but he and the offense were REALLY underwhelming for that game. When he sacked up and attacked multiple levels, just being aggressive in his playcalling in general, the offense moved the ball. Losing Burton sucked, but still had more than enough talent to put up points. 

16 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I wrote an entire post about the 10 things the Bears did that cost them the game. So take you "ignorant comment" tears somewhere else.

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT PARKEY

That is why we are talking about him. That is why we are talking about the blame he deserves and the idiotic appearance he just made on the Today Show.

For those who are concerned about Parkey being scapegoated I wrote,

The Bears made way too many mistakes in all 3 phases to win a playoff game. It is not shocking considering they have not been here before, but they did not look sharp and focused enough to win a playoff game against an experienced team like the Eagles.

1.Mitch spraying the ball all over the field in the 1st half

2. The OL was bad in both the run and pass game

3. Miller drops the ball near the goal line

4. Robinson doesn't get his feet in bounds at the 10

5. Not using Cohen enough

6. Amos head shot penalty

7. 10 guys on the field for the Goeddert TD

8. Letting Foles complete multiple arm punts in the 1st half

9. 1 sack

10. O'Donnell shanking the most important punt of the game

11. Parkey missing the field goal