Cardinals to hire Vance Joseph as DC

49erurtaza

36 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Hasn't he been the DC for the Broncos the last two years? They have been pretty good.

The Broncos had the 22nd scoring defense in 2017 and 13th in 2018. When he inherited the team from Kubiak, they had the 4th best scoring defense two years in a row (2016, 2015).

When he coached in Miami we had the 29th ranked defense in the NFL. We improved to 16th the following year.

Sayin, just sayin.

I don't think he's awful, personally. But a defensive genius, he is not (to this point in his career, anyway).

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The Broncos had the 22nd scoring defense in 2017 and 13th in 2018. When he inherited the team from Kubiak, they had the 4th best scoring defense two years in a row (2016, 2015).

When he coached in Miami we had the 29th ranked defense in the NFL. We improved to 16th the following year.

Sayin, just sayin.

They finished 10th and 5th in DVOA the last two years

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

They were 1st in Defensive DVOA in 2015 and 2016, though.

Didn’t they lose some big time FA off the defense after the SB?  I just want a DC that plays the best guys regardless of scheme and isn’t too stubborn to adjust.

Steve Sarkisian is not a good traditional OC at all. However, it's always interesting to me when such strong offensive minds get hired as head coach and bring in different guys as their offensive coordinator. Sarkisian wont be running the offense or calling plays, but his input in the offense and small contributions here and there may be the difference. Interested to see how this works out. I have a good feeling about it though. 

Sark sucks, but Kingsbury at least hired somebody who has NFL experience. And Sark won't be calling the plays, so no big deal. I'm not a huge Vance Joseph fan, but he doesn't have much of a track record as a pure DC plus the Cards have a lot of talent, so it's hard to write him off.

Archived