Jets to hire Gregg Williams as DC

barnaby8787

We have a lot of high potential guys at CB. Which is a good thing, but we lack experience. The staff will really have to dig deep to see if they are ready for bigger roles. Jones, Roberts and Nickerson all are good players. But I’m not quite sure to be every down starters pretty much. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We have a lot of high potential guys at CB. Which is a good thing, but we lack experience. The staff will really have to dig deep to see if they are ready for bigger roles. Jones, Roberts and Nickerson all are good players. But I’m not quite sure to be every down starters pretty much. 

I say let those guys compete for the outside corner spot opposite of Trumaine. One is bound to step up. I dont trust those guys in the slot though. We need a slot corner. 

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yet we moved him to Safety and I doubt he’d get top 20 money if he was available. 

Tru graded out as the #1 Corner when he came back from injury. 

Yeah because Bowles is an idiot. I’m not paying him top dollar, but I’m 100% re-signing him this off-season. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I just hope Trumaine can grade out as #1 for a full season as opposed to just a 4 game stretch. Trying to stay positive. Hopefully he’s motivated to be back with Ggreggg and by what the coaches said about him last year. 

I think Tru will be alright. Not sure he was ever 100% after that pick and hit Week 1. A full offseason and all should help that. I don't think he'll ever he worth what we paid him last year and this year... but he at least can hold down a CB spot until we can find a legit replacement. Jones, Roberts and Nickerson all have skill sets I really like and have youth on their side. Clark is the interesting name to me... bc I feel he can learn a lot from Tru (big body CBs that can play physical).

Archived