Jets to hire Gregg Williams as DC

barnaby8787

Just now, xenajets said:

I love it...get LW playing in an attacking scheme and watch his numbers blow up. Think Lee and Adams will excel with Williams at the helm too. Glad we will play with that nasty edge as after watching hard knocks I would want to get in the wrong side of Gregg! 

Would you?  heh heh

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Anthony Barr should become top priority in that scheme.  Barr at Sam, Williamson at MLB, Lee at WLB.  Ship Jenkins to 3-4 team.

Love it! I’d be all up for signing the best pass rusher (DE) that we can get in FA if we go offense in the first round (after trading down). 

Having Williams, Anderson and Shephard rotating in the middle would be lethal on passing downs 

24 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Think we go after Jaimie Collins. Also gotta look to add some NT depth to rotate with Pennel.

You don’t think Shep can handle the 1-tech? I think we are good in the interior with Leo, Anderson, Shep and Pennel. 

Not sure we need to invest too much at LB either since one LB always comes out in nickle formations. Just roll with Williamson, Lee, Luvu and Hewitt. 

Getting 2 edge players and nickel corner should be the priority. Hopefully Roberts or  Nickerson can develop into a good slot corner. 

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

You don’t think Shep can handle the 1-tech? I think we are good in the interior with Leo, Anderson, Shep and Pennel. 

Not sure we need to invest too much at LB either since one LB always comes out in nickle formations. Just roll with Williamson, Lee, Luvu and Hewitt. 

Getting 2 edge players and nickel corner should be the priority. Hopefully Roberts or  Nickerson can develop into a good slot corner. 

Anderson isn’t a good fit in a 4-3 and I view Shep as a back up 3-tech, need another guy to rotate with Pennel and I don’t see that currently on the roster

22 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Anderson isn’t a good fit in a 4-3 and I view Shep as a back up 3-tech, need another guy to rotate with Pennel and I don’t see that currently on the roster

Personally, I can see Shep backing up at the 1.  With that said, Pennel is very underrated.  The dude is a PFF monster.

Archived