Jets to hire Gregg Williams as DC

barnaby8787

Browns' top staff vs Jets' top staff.. Who is better for quality and continuity?

Browns:

HC: Freddie Kitchens- Offense caller, first time HC. Already work with current players of future.

OC: Todd Monken-  still itching about HC gig.

DC: Steve Wilks- immaturity in coaching. Never handle the situation in his own way.

Jets:

HC: Adam Gase- 2nd time HC, offense caller.

OC: Dowell Loggains- Intelligent but inability to handle football players.

DC: Gregg Williams- a veteran coach that may never become HC again. Top defense.

42 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Browns' top staff vs Jets' top staff.. Who is better for quality and continuity?

Browns:

HC: Freddie Kitchens- Offense caller, first time HC. Already work with current players of future.

OC: Todd Monken-  still itching about HC gig.

DC: Steve Wilks- immaturity in coaching. Never handle the situation in his own way.

Jets:

HC: Adam Gase- 2nd time HC, offense caller.

OC: Dowell Loggains- Intelligent but inability to handle football players.

DC: Gregg Williams- a veteran coach that may never become HC again. Top defense.

On paper it’s pretty even. I would give the edge to the Browns because we know Baker works well with kitchens. I’m also a big fan of Monken. I wanted him to be HC if the Jets. 

On 1/12/2019 at 12:35 PM, ekill08x said:

we literally never had an outside rusher from the time we transitioned to the 3-4 in 06, literally never. I cant wait to make the switch back. It has been long overdue.

To be fair to Mangini, he thought he had one when we drafted Gholston in 2008.after all he did have 14 sacks in his last year at Ohio State. Rex and Bowles never seemed to really want one.

On the old site I remember that the “Waldo” formula for twitch and power showed that Gholston was a high risk as an edge rusher. That’s one of the reasons why I would want to see how this year’s edge rushing class does before drafting one at 3. 

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

To be fair to Mangini, he thought he had one when we drafted Gholston in 2008.after all he did have 14 sacks in his last year at Ohio State. Rex and Bowles never seemed to really want one.

On the old site I remember that the “Waldo” formula for twitch and power showed that Gholston was a high risk as an edge rusher. That’s one of the reasons why I would want to see how this year’s edge rushing class does before drafting one at 3. 

Was it Mangini's call to draft Gholston or not?

11 hours ago, SDotNova said:

On paper it’s pretty even. I would give the edge to the Browns because we know Baker works well with kitchens. I’m also a big fan of Monken. I wanted him to be HC if the Jets. 

Agreed.  I hope everything goes swimmingly with Jets so that way we can see the same top staff for at least 4 years in row. 

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Was it Mangini's call to draft Gholston or not?

I think so. I saw him on tv last year (I think on FSN1) when he mentioned that they (Jets) really thought they had a good player when they drafted him. 

16 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If Williams ends up else where who would be some other candidates that could step in. Maybe Paul Gunther? Burke? Jack Del Rio?

I think Paul Guenther stays with Raiders. 

Steve Spagnuolo, Joe Woods, Al Holcomb, Mike Nolan, Mike Smith and Dom Capers.

Archived