Jets to hire Gregg Williams as DC

barnaby8787

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Although I think it is ridiculous to think about, I can't rule it out.

One of posts in other Jets forum said Jay Gruden may be on hot seat for Redskins so Williams could like to take advantage of this situation for HC gig.   Cheap.

Seem like the “expected to hire Gregg Williams” tweets turned out to be BS. I fully expect him to sign with Washington tomorrow and the Jets to continue to look like a circus. 

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Seem like the “expected to hire Gregg Williams” tweets turned out to be BS. I fully expect him to sign with Washington tomorrow and the Jets to continue to look like a circus. 

Like Jetskid said frequently, nothing be sure of it until contract is inked and done.    Gase and Jets picked Gregg Williams as their DC and media circus went out saying Jets expected to hire Williams. 

Good News that your mockery for Redskins isn't official until the contract for Williams being Redskins DC is inked and done. :P

40 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Like Jetskid said frequently, nothing be sure of it until contract is inked and done.    Gase and Jets picked Gregg Williams as their DC and media circus went out saying Jets expected to hire Williams. 

Good News that your mockery for Redskins isn't official until the contract for Williams being Redskins DC is inked and done. :P

Problem is we haven’t even had Williams in the building based on what Gase just said on Michael Kay and he’s going to Washington tomorrow. He’s not coming here.

Seems like it’s not going to happen. I think he would be a great addition. Two other option would be Jack Del Rio and Mike Nolan. Gase has ties to both and both those guys have strong defensive backgrounds plus a bit of HC experience. In Javk’s case a lot HC experience.

I’m so serious when I say this... I really hope they entertain the idea of hiring Rex Ryan if things don’t work out with Gregg Williams.

Its a joke if they don’t close this thing out with Williams though.  The Jets ability to close players/coaches they want has been terrible. 

3 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I’m so serious when I say this... I really hope they entertain the idea of hiring Rex Ryan if things don’t work out with Gregg Williams.

Its a joke if they don’t close this thing out with Williams though.  The Jets ability to close players/coaches they want has been terrible. 

I’m a big fan of Rex and wanted him as DC. I’d be nervous about him though. Just seems like he wants to be a HC so bad. But if he is up for DC, I don’t see why they wouldn’t entertain the idea

6 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Don’t want Rex, the ship has sailed on that front.

Thank you. This Williams news really pisses me off. Gase stressed getting a staff in here as part of the process that leads to wins...Williams would have been a terrific hire. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Thank you. This Williams news really pisses me off. Gase stressed getting a staff in here as part of the process that leads to wins...Williams would have been a terrific hire. 

This, I think it’s more of Gregg wanting to weigh his options knowing that there’s a good chance he may be a HC next year. On the Rex front, favorite coach of all time, love his personality Ann’s the years that he gave us...but the nfl has changed and his scheme got stale in Buffalo and I just think our organization is trying to get away from the boastful in your face type of guy he is.

Archived