Dolphins expected to hire Patriots' Brian Flores as HC

RaidersAreOne

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001009727/article/dolphins-expected-to-hire-patriots-brian-flores?campaign=fb-nf-sf205832225-sf205832225&sf205832225=1&fbclid=IwAR3EAt5ZrCLJ1mmrpgFiz8upzin0qdmLqZvF1UCMufC6KQLj2ReO51D4ASQ&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Dolphins expected to hire Patriots' Brian Flores as HC

The Miami Dolphins are keeping it in the division when it comes to their head coach search. The Dolphins have focused their search on Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores for the position and are expected to hire him, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. New England is still in the playoffs, so the Dolphinscan't strike a deal officially with him until the Patriots are eliminated, but they intend to secure his services when able, Rapoport added.

Who?

The fanbase really wanted Kris Richard.  I guess he turned us down. Can some Pat fans fill me in about him? I hear a lot of good things and he seems to be well respected, but is he ready to be a HC? I don't know. It's going to depend on the staff he brings in and the QB he drafts. 

9 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

The fanbase really wanted Kris Richard.  I guess he turned us down. Can some Pat fans fill me in about him? I hear a lot of good things and he seems to be well respected, but is he ready to be a HC? I don't know. It's going to depend on the staff he brings in and the QB he drafts. 

He's well liked, worked his way up through the ranks. But this feels way too early for him, considering his biggest roles have come in a defense which has sucked in the main. Perhaps this is a 'leader of men' Vrabel-esque hire and he's able to bring in good coordinators. But I'd be interested to know who those people would be. 

Archived