Chuck Pagano Hired as DC

Madmike90

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Biggs says Rob Ryan could be the OLB's coach replacement

A source said the rumor making the rounds in league circles is that Rob Ryan, the son of Buddy Ryan, architect of the 1985 Bears defense, could be hired as the replacement for Staley.

Very surprised they let Staley go but I guess that's part of the business when a new coach comes in.  Rob Ryan is an interesting choice.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

A source said the rumor making the rounds in league circles is that Rob Ryan, the son of Buddy Ryan, architect of the 1985 Bears defense, could be hired as the replacement for Staley.

Awwwoooooogahh!  Bring on the Wolfman! I think I need a need assistant coach avatar

Stock up on Coors light, Chicago bars

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Very difficult not to like Ryan as a position coach...with his experience of implementing a weekly gameplan can't be over looked...my only concern is if he becomes DC due to his playcalling being poor at best.

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

As long as he's talking about this guy, I'm good with that.

staley_tacklereading_centerpiece_020813.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting that Pagano has let Roy Anderson go after he worked with him in Baltimore and Indy...Ed Reed has said he would love to come work here as a DB coach...have to think Eddie Jackson would be super pumped about that.

Ed Reed was a playmaker supreme.  That would be awesome.

Ed Reed would be a yes please hire. Not only is he a HOFer, but he seems like a real pro and a good guy and having that type of guy around would be awesome. Even if it is as the defensive version of Zach Miller.

Rob Ryan, I am with MM, position coach he is more than welcome. He may be able to get a little more consistent aggression out of Floyd. The Floyd from the GB game is what I want 16 weeks. Sacking Rodgers violently and then **** talking the Packers bench before putting on the Championship belt.

54 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Ed Reed would be a yes please hire. Not only is he a HOFer, but he seems like a real pro and a good guy and having that type of guy around would be awesome. Even if it is as the defensive version of Zach Miller.

Rob Ryan, I am with MM, position coach he is more than welcome. He may be able to get a little more consistent aggression out of Floyd. The Floyd from the GB game is what I want 16 weeks. Sacking Rodgers violently and then **** talking the Packers bench before putting on the Championship belt.

He seemed to really turn it on at the end of the year. His reaction after the Foles sack was awesome too. Go on the Bears IG to see the photo. Awesome.

On 1/12/2019 at 2:35 PM, Madmike90 said:

Just watched a breakdown of what Pagano did with Baltimore's D in his year as DC...the blitz package is much more complicated that it ever was under Fangio...one guy who is utterly ecstatic about this hire? Leonard Floyd...the stunts and twists and awesome and with his speed he should be good for a big big season. 

Do you have a link you can share?

29 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Someone on radio, Dan Durkin, or something that sounds like that name, slammed Pagano.  Said he ran a h.s. defense.

And Lovie Smith and Rod Marinelli ran a pop warner defense and it was still very effective.

But if Dan Durkin actually said that then he's an idiot.  I'll trust what some of Pagano's ex players have to say over a guy who's never played or coached pro football.

Archived