Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Madmike90

Chuck Pagano Hired as DC

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Pagano: “no interest in head coaching again. Done it.”

He says that now, but he interviewed in Denver, if I recall, and I have a feeling if the call came, he'd answer it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

He says that now, but he interviewed in Denver, if I recall, and I have a feeling if the call came, he'd answer it.

Pretty sure he interviewed in GB too...that said maybe those made him see it was no longer for him...if Pagano is serious it is an even bigger get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

He says that now, but he interviewed in Denver, if I recall, and I have a feeling if the call came, he'd answer it.

I think he wanted to get back into football, honestly.

Might have just been BS but he said there were times in Indy where he was like "man, I wish I could just coach defense".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he has truly entered into the Wade Phillips era of his coaching career, then I would be pretty psyched. That is true continuity.

Make 2 million a year to coach defense and not have the stress and pressure and media that the head man does. Sounds alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as others say he want just want to concentrate on continuing to build on an elite D and put his stamp on it. The fact that he is aggresive with his schemes bodes well for our blitzing. Let's see how it all shakes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Pagano: “no interest in head coaching again. Done it.”

 

11 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

He says that now, but he interviewed in Denver, if I recall, and I have a feeling if the call came, he'd answer it.

 

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Pretty sure he interviewed in GB too...that said maybe those made him see it was no longer for him...if Pagano is serious it is an even bigger get.

 

9 hours ago, G08 said:

I think he wanted to get back into football, honestly.

Might have just been BS but he said there were times in Indy where he was like "man, I wish I could just coach defense".

 

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If he has truly entered into the Wade Phillips era of his coaching career, then I would be pretty psyched. That is true continuity.

Make 2 million a year to coach defense and not have the stress and pressure and media that the head man does. Sounds alright.

 

3 hours ago, malagabears said:

I think as others say he want just want to concentrate on continuing to build on an elite D and put his stamp on it. The fact that he is aggresive with his schemes bodes well for our blitzing. Let's see how it all shakes out.

Dont want to burst anybody's bubble here, but the question was "How motivated are you to he a head coach again?" His response was " I'm not" His point was that he is concentrating on his job and not worrying about an HC job.  On the plus side, I dont think we have to worry about anybody breaking his door down with an offer anytime soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people coach because they love teaching and strategy.  They love it.  

Being a head coach at any level comes with all kinds of duties and obligations that aren't those things and they are a real drag.  You don't love those things.  

Having been there on a low level I totally understand what he is talking about. 

Aside from obvious bump in pay and notoriety, a lot of times the only reason you want to be a HC is so you can run what you want and experiment how you like without someone telling you no.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

He says that now, but he interviewed in Denver, if I recall, and I have a feeling if the call came, he'd answer it.

I believe him when he says that.  Let's not forget what he went through with his cancer scare a few years back.  Maybe he feels that being a HC is too stressful of a job for him at this point in his life and he'd much rather just focus on handling one side of the ball.

Gary Kubiak is another guy who said this due to health reasons.  Pretty sure had he not he would still be the HC of the Broncos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears hire Mark DeLeone as Inside Linebackers Coach...

DeLeone was the guy I pegged as a dark horse to be DC before we knew Fangio was staying...another quality pick up for this defensive coaching staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Bears hire Mark DeLeone as Inside Linebackers Coach...

DeLeone was the guy I pegged as a dark horse to be DC before we knew Fangio was staying...another quality pick up for this defensive coaching staff. 

What can you tell us about this guy, other than he went to the best party school in the Midwest (GO HAWKS!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had horrendous talent in KC to work with this year. Ragland is bad and runs like an injured OG and Hitchens May have been one of the worst free agent signings of
last season.

Would like to see more of a resume of young guys developed.

Iggy or Kwit need to start in 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 24, 2019 at 5:49 PM, TankWilliams said:

He says that now, but he interviewed in Denver, if I recall, and I have a feeling if the call came, he'd answer it.

He may have dodged a bullet in Denver.   Elway has things looking dysfunctional.

Basically announced Kubiak as a co-head coach and now he is not even there.  Maybe Fangio wasn't down with that, I don't know, but it looks bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Bears coaches were given last week off, I’m told new defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano was busy at Halas Hall working on his new defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×