What might the KSO look like?

vike daddy

the Kevin Stefanski Offense, that is?

Zimmer: “He’s a bright, young coach. Very detailed. He’s already given me a list of everything that we’ve got to go through now until training camp.”

Stefanski: “There’s a lot of work to be done and luckily it’s January, and we’re going to get to it. But the plan is to pull this thing apart, see what we did well and then add some things. We’re not just going to change for the sake of change, we’re going to change it for the better. We’ll try to do absolutely everything. We’re going to look at everything. We’re going to really pull this thing apart and be very diligent about that aspect of it. What it ends up looking like remains to be seen. I have a pretty good idea of what I want it to look like, what coach wants it to look like, but we’re going to work through that process and not skip any steps.”

“I would go back to a shared vision. I have worked with Coach for a bunch of years now. I understand him, he understands me. I think we both understand what gives defenses problems and with coach being a defensive coordinator, understands real well what is hard on a defense, so he’s someone that we’re going to use as a resource. We’re going to put together game plans in a system and an offense that we feel gives our players the best chance to succeed on Sunday.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Kevin-Stefanski-tearing-apart-Minnesota-Vikings-offense-before-rebuilding-it-127689217/

Prior to the transition from Pat Shurmur to DeFilippo to Stefanski at offensive coordinator, Dalvin Cook said he had never been through an offensive coaching saga quite like that, but he is looking at using the strong end to the season for him as a springboard into a hopeful 2019 improvement.

Cook: "That’s the good thing about it. I was talking with my mom last night and I was telling her that I’d never went through a coaching change. This was the first time it has happened back-to-back, and that’s part of the NFL. To have Coach back, we’re just picking up where we left off at and getting even better. Having a whole offseason with him is going to be special, it’s going to be good. When we do get back, we’re going to be 110 percent in for him. Everything we’re going to do, we’re going to have fun. But we’re going to raise the bar up to his level."

"I just liked how he just let us play free, that’s Coach. Coach likes to have fun. He lets his playmakers do all the talking for him. He’s not a big rah-rah guy, he just wants us to have fun and play at a high level, and he knows we can. When you’ve got a coach like that, you should want to play for him. You should want to go out there and make plays and want to go out there and have fun. You should want to go out there and practice, it just makes everything easy."

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Dalvin-Cook-Kevin-Stefanski-reaction-127682892/

When Zimmer replaced DeFilippo with interim OC Kevin Stefanski, they got back to rushing with 383 yards over the final three games.  The Vikings still finished with the fourth highest pass play percentage in the NFL. Now the question is: how much should the Vikings want to run the ball under Stefanski?

Zimmer: “I want to be able to run the football and play action pass because I think that is the most effective way to affect a defense.”

Stefanski: “I think what Coach Zim talked about was balance and that’s going to be what we want to do moving forward. We just don’t want to be predictable. I can’t tell you that we’re always going to run it or we’re always going to pass it. We’re going to try to be balanced and not be predictable."

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2019/01/much-balance-stefanski-new-vikings-offense/

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:59 AM, vike daddy said:

When Zimmer replaced DeFilippo with interim OC Kevin Stefanski, they got back to rushing with 383 yards over the final three games.  The Vikings still finished with the fourth highest pass play percentage in the NFL. Now the question is: how much should the Vikings want to run the ball under Stefanski?

Zimmer: “I want to be able to run the football and play action pass because I think that is the most effective way to affect a defense.”

Stefanski: “I think what Coach Zim talked about was balance and that’s going to be what we want to do moving forward. We just don’t want to be predictable. I can’t tell you that we’re always going to run it or we’re always going to pass it. We’re going to try to be balanced and not be predictable."

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2019/01/much-balance-stefanski-new-vikings-offense/

Sounds good....let's see if he can "make it so."

I'm going to call it the Stef-Coast Offense, with more emphasis on the short passing game and doing what Cousins does best, which is play-action.  I would expect to see a little less of the spread offense in it, since Cousins isn't nearly as good out of the shotgun, unless it's in a 2-minute drill.  But, he could also sprinkle in some of Norv's offense, since Cousins does have the ability to throw the ball downfield with some accuracy, although it would be more out of the West Coast formations.    

Sounds like the perfect offense for AP. Funny how we didn't have the right QB and couldn't get the offence right when Peterson was here, now we have the right QB and might get have the right offense but no Peterson. I could be easily talked into an early reunion with Peterson next year, he and Cook could complement eachother well.

2 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

Sounds like the perfect offense for AP. Funny how we didn't have the right QB and couldn't get the offence right when Peterson was here, now we have the right QB and might get have the right offense but no Peterson. I could be easily talked into an early reunion with Peterson next year, he and Cook could complement eachother well.

If he's willing to take that role, though.  I think he could fulfill a Latavius Murray-type role, but he's seemed unwilling to do so, for the most part.  

32 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

Stefanski talked about not being predictable. I think when Peterson lines up 7 yards behind the LOS, the entire stadium knows he's getting the ball. He lacks versatility as a runner to not be predictable.