The Search for Coaching Staff Begins

AKRNA

So far we know a few coaches have left. We know Kubiak won't be OC. Thats about it.

I've heard Munchak mentioned as OL coach and I think that would be great. 

I'm expecting a pretty good shake up, especially on the D side. We'll just have to see.

14 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Not necessarily a position coach but I saw we are keeping our strength coach Landow.

That'd be good. Thats one real positive from last year. We showed little signs of fatigue in the 2nd half and weren't plagued by lots of muscle pulls, hamstrings, etc during the season.

Some of my guesses:

Fangio's right hand man Ed Donatell (DBs coach during our 97-98 run) makes a lot of sense as DC. Kollar should be back, not as sure on Herring but I know he is well regarded. I'd guess someone else is brought in as DBs coach. On the offensive side, I think Modkins and Azzani stay, Munchak takes over as OL coach and whoever the new OC is fills out the rest.

Based on their respective units performance I'd say Modkins and Azzani would fit well. Munchak would be a great get for the OL. 

I think you're right on Kollar but the rest of the D staff I'm not sure. I'd have no problem with Donatell, knowing Fangios calling the game.

6 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I have a difficult time seeing Munchak coming to work for the guy he lost this HC job to. 

I read that Much and Fangio are great friends.  I read they are both from the same neck of the woods in Scranton, PA.  Plus, Munch has grandchildren in Denver...and, I have heard he likes Colorado.  So, his decision is to stay in Pittsburgh and be the OL coach, or be the OL coach in Denver where he gets to spend more time with his family in an element he likes....hmm...easy choice if you ask me.  

I think if the Broncos can land Munch, pry Rich Scangarello from the 49ers, which I think happens.  I cannot imagine John Lynch keeping a guy from getting a promotion and keeping a guy away from Elway to hire.  I think you make these moves and keep Kollar, then you have an awesome coaching staff.  I'd like to see Joe Woods stay as the secondary coach, but I get that one, that is a demotion, but if I were his parents, I'd explain to him that he'd get to work under Fangio after just working under Wade.  

If everything hits I am going to be pleasantly surprised.  Adding the best defensive mind on the market, arguably the best OL coach in the game, and a younger offensive mind....I’ll take it and be optimistic heading into next season and I couldn’t have said the same a week ago.

11 hours ago, germ-x said:

If everything hits I am going to be pleasantly surprised.  Adding the best defensive mind on the market, arguably the best OL coach in the game, and a younger offensive mind....I’ll take it and be optimistic heading into next season and I couldn’t have said the same a week ago.

Pretty good read on scangarello. https://amp.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article156739294.html?__twitter_impression=true

42 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I don’t get the young coordinator talk. He is 46.... yes it’s younger than Fangio but is that young? 46?

Its not that young in terms of Mcvay young up in coming oc minds. 

But at the same time maybe it will help him stick around longer term so I'm all about it..

Archived