The Search for Coaching Staff Begins

AKRNA

21 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think by the end of the pre-draft process there will be 3 QBs who get a decent amount of hype. Pretty deep with Day 2-early Day 3 guys too, something you rarely see. 

I've seen it compared to 2013 and I think that's way off base. That's the worst QB draft I can remember and nobody stood out as having Pro Bowl potential. There is at least some upside in this one. 

Thats kind of the take I'm getting from the media. @germ-x already mentioned one of those guys. 

I pretty much rely on this forum for QB evaluations and would love to hear more about "not the top 3" QB's.

Well, we have our QBs coach. 

T.C. McCartney, the son of Sal Aunese and Kristy McCartney and the grandson of former University of Colorado coaching icon Bill McCartney, has reached agreement to become the Denver Broncos’ new quarterbacks coach position, a source told 9news.

It makes perfect sense that we hired a coach with ties to CU, Matt Russell needs a drinking buddy after all... 

All kidding aside, this seems like a solid hire. He's inexperienced, only three years experience as a NFL coach (2017, 2018 in SF and 2014 in Cleveland) but has familiarity with the Kyle Shanahan offense that Scangarello will be trying to implement here. 

22 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Well, we have our QBs coach. 

It makes perfect sense that we hired a coach with ties to CU, Matt Russell needs a drinking buddy after all... 

All kidding aside, this seems like a solid hire. He's inexperienced, only three years experience as a NFL coach (2017, 2018 in SF and 2014 in Cleveland) but has familiarity with the Kyle Shanahan offense that Scangarello will be trying to implement here. 

I played against TC in high school. Based on his QB play, he'd make Klay Kubiak look like Joe Montana on steroids. Can't speak to his coaching ability, but this wreaks of nepotism. 

Ah yes because how good someone was as a player has tons to do with how they are thought of as a coach. 

Some of you do realize that sometimes maybe less talented players end up being far better coaches or don't even coach the position they played a lot of the time? Or I guess the bigger point is some of you I don't think understand how coaches get their start. It's not like every single coach ever hired is some hidden gem, coaches get hired because of networking and recommendations. If you really think Kyle Shanahan was a massive miss by Elway then why is it such a bad thing when we hired 2 coaches from his staff he clearly thought highly enough of. Nepotism is an overrated term in the NFL, it is around every single franchise on every single level. 

Archived