Why the defense lost the game

WindyCity

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

That is why their list is much shorter than the offenses.

No problem. I was a fan back in the 70's when the offense couldn't reach the endzone during pregame warmups running plays against no defense at all.

Remember a game where late in a close game the defense came back onto the field after yet another worthless offensive series and Butkus was noted to have said something like "...good, the offense is off the field, let's go win this..." and the Bears D did indeed score on a turnover (may have been a blocked punt by Butkus).

On 1/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, beardown3231 said:

It deserves some thought. Otherwise why keep him active? Put him in street clothes and use the 46th spot for someone who could have helped the team. Maybe White's speed could have been beneficial.

From what I heard, that was the plan but the last minute Burton inactivation made them scramble. They liked a banged up Jackson more than a healthy DHC.

4 hours ago, 51to54 said:

No problem. I was a fan back in the 70's when the offense couldn't reach the endzone during pregame warmups running plays against no defense at all.

Remember a game where late in a close game the defense came back onto the field after yet another worthless offensive series and Butkus was noted to have said something like "...good, the offense is off the field, let's go win this..." and the Bears D did indeed score on a turnover (may have been a blocked punt by Butkus).

I remember Buffone saying the defense wanted to make its own offense out of the defensive personnel and tried to convince Halas to let them do it.

Archived