Moretti's 2019 Mock

moretti19

I had to take off this semester of graduate school for a family emergency which has allowed me to watch a lot of film of prospects. I am excited about our new head coach and just a change overall. I hope you enjoy and please leave some feedback. Once again, I get my info from Walterfootball.

Cut:

Nick Perry: We take our loss and move on

Re- Signed:

Breeland: Played real good ball for us when given the opportunity. 

Jake Ryan: Good 2 down player.

Clay Mathews: Signs with the intent on playing Middle Linebacker. 

Free Agency:

Anthony Barr:

This is my dream free agent. He will move being a 3-4OLB where he could thrive. He can set the edge and rush the passer.

USATSI_10362712-727x485.jpg

Golden Tate: Had a good playoff game but hasn't fit into the Eagles offense otherwise.

usa_tate.jpg?itok=YXjgtoCL

Ramon Foster:

Veteran guard that comes in and gives us a reliable player. 

gettyimages-900099176.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

Eric Reid: 

The highest-graded member of the Panthers’ secondary, per Pro Football Focus,joined the team in Week 5 and played no less than 79 percent of the team’s defensive snaps over its final 13 games. He recorded 71 tackles, one sack and one interception in what was essentially a “prove it” season.

ny-1547182107-648e9dn4l1-snap-image

NFL Draft: pick #12 and 32 Along with the 4th rounder from Washington

12.Houston_logo.gif Ed Oliver*, DT, Houston 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 275. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.70. 
Projected Round (2019): Top-25. 

12/15/18: Oliver was excellent this year, showing his great speed and motor, and still managing to produce despite double or triple teams. The junior totaled 54 tackles with 14.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, one forced fumble and two passes batted for 2018. A knee injury caused Oliver to miss some time, and he decided not to play in Houston's bowl game. 

This season in the Hot Press, we wrote about how not all NFL teams view Oliver as a high first-round pick. Sources say that Houston had Oliver weighing in at 275 pounds and had played him as heavy as 282. The Cougars staff said that 285-290 pounds is too heavy for Oliver. He also is shorter than his listed height. Oliver does not have great strength, as he can struggle with mass and double teams. Some sources say that they are grading Oliver as a late first-round pick and expect him to go in the middle of Round 1. 

8/29/18: Oliver is extremely fast at the point of attack. He explodes out of his stance and immediately penetrates into the backfield. On top of his speed and tremendous pad level, Oliver possesses active hands with functional strength to slap away blockers hands. Oliver has a quality motor and doesn't quit on plays that go downfield. While they have different body types, Oliver reminds me of Warren Sapp with his explosive speed off the ball and the way he lives in the backfield

os-sp-houston-ed-oliver-20180330

Alabama_logo.gif Irv Smith Jr.*, TE, Alabama 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 245. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.59. 
Projected Round (2019): 1-3. 

1/5/19: Smith has been excellent in 2018 as a mismatch weapon for Alabama. He is a shifty route-runner with quickness down the seam, good hands, and the size to be dangerous after the catch. He seems to have one speed and is not on the bigger side of tight ends, hence he is not a top-20 caliber specimen. This season, Smith has caught 40 passes for 667 yards and seven touchdowns. Smith has upside to grow as he gains more playing experience. 

Smith's father was a first-round pick out of Notre Dame by the Saints in the 1993 NFL Draft. Irv Smith Jr.'s uncle, Edward Smith, also played tight end in the NFL with the Atlanta Falcons, so he has a NFL pedigree that could help him to assimilate to the pro game

5a481409275bc.image.jpg?resize=1200,840

RD 2:

Clemson_logo.gif Isaiah Simmons**, S, Clemson 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 230. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-3. 

12/8/18: Simmons has 75 tackles with four passes broken up and one interception on the season. He is a tough run defender who flies around the field and is a physical tackler. The redshirt sophomore is a strong safety type for the NFL, but he could also get consideration in a move to linebacker. Team sources have told me they have been impressed with Simmons.

30695c42-0527-4d85-aae5-2571b84c3874-CU_

RD 3 

USC_logo.gif Porter Gustin, 3-4OLB, USC 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 267. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.80. 
Projected Round (2019): 3-5. 

12/15/18: Gustin played well for USC in 2018, showing his ability to get after the quarterback off the edge. He totaled 28 tackles, seven sacks and one pass broken up before going out for the year with a fractured ankle. The injury really hurts Gustin draft's positioning because he has major medical red flags and durability concerns. 

8/29/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Gustin checks in at 6-foot-4, 267 pounds with 33.5-inch arms, 10-inch hands, and a wingspan of 78.75 inches. They have him running the 40-yard dash in 4.80 seconds. 
Screen-Shot-2018-08-09-at-1.41.51-PM-min

Rd4:

Georgia_logo.gif Isaiah Holyfield*, RB, Georgia 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 215. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.54. 

1/5/19: After being buried on the depth chart behind Nick Chubb and Sony Michel, Holyfield enjoyed a breakout season in 2018 as part of a new dynamic Bulldog tandem with D'Andre Swift. In 2018, Holyfield averaged 6.4 yards per carry for 1,018 yards and seven touchdowns. He had five receptions for 40 yards as well. Holyfield is put together well and is a physical runner. Team sources compare him to Samaje Perine, a mid-round pick of the Redskins a few years ago. Holyfield could be a mid-rounder if he enters the 2019 NFL Draft

DZTtC_6UMAA9XpG.jpg

Rd4:

Maryland_logo.gif Derwin Gray, G, Maryland 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 336. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.25. 

1/5/19: Gray missed the start of the season due to his continued recovery from offseason surgery. He then returned to the field, but it would help him if he is able to play in the Senior Bowl or East-West Shrine. 

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Gray checks in at 6-foot-4, 336 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 5.25 seconds. Other data has his measurements as 33.63-inch arms, 10-inch hands, and an 82.5-inch wing span. 

Gray was Maryland's starter at left tackle in 2017 and did a solid job on the blind side. He has pretty good athleticism for a thick-bodied blocker, and he uses his size to be effective in the ground game. In speaking to team sources, they are projecting Gray to the inside at guard and have him as a candidate to graded for the first four rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft entering the 2018 season.
usa_today_9557151.0.jpg

Rd 5

Maryland_logo.gif Darnell Savage, S, Maryland 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 200. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 

12/8/18: Savage played really well for the Terrapins, almost helping them pull off an upset over Ohio State. Maryland's defense did a nice job in the early going of holding the Buckeyes' play-makers in check, and Savage was a key part of that. The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder does not have great size, but he makes up for it with quickness and instincts. 

Darnell-Savage-e1505081746668.jpg

RD6

Toledo_logo.gif Diontae Johnson*, WR, Toledo 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 181. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 
Projected Round (2019): 5-7. 

1/5/19: Johnson had 49 catches for 761 yards and eight touchdowns in 2018. 

8/28/18: In 2017, Johnson took over with Cody Thompson out with an injury for most of the season and broke out for Toledo. The sophomore caught 72 passes for 1,257 yards and 13 touchdowns. He is a smaller slot receiver candidate for the NFL

Diontae+Johnson+MAC+Championship+Akron+v

7th

VirginiaTech_logo.gif Mook Reynolds, CB, Virginia Tech 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 190. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.56. 
Projected Round (2019): FA. 

12/8/18: Reynolds recorded eight tackles and one pass broken up in 2018 before getting kicked out of the Hokies program. 

8/29/18: Reynolds is a physical corner who will tackle and doesn't hesitate to get physical. In 2017, he totaled 70 tackles with one pass broken up, one forced fumble and zero interceptions. He had 64 tackles as a sophomore. Reynolds needs to show more cover skills, but he also could be a candidate to move to safety.

160903-liberty-1549.jpg

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019CB.php#ixzz5cQtcyfG2

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Why not?  This is a deep EDGE class this year.

Drafting two edges with our first two picks? If Ferrell is there then yes he is the BPA probably. There is a good chance he’s not there and I do not think any other warrant that pick.

Just now, moretti19 said:

Drafting two edges with our first two picks? If Ferrell is there then yes he is the BPA probably. There is a good chance he’s not there and I do not think any other warrant that pick.

I doubt we'll take 2 but we will most likely get one in the first.

1 minute ago, Redt said:

Not a fan, Oliver is too small to play inside, too early for Smith, keeping CMIII to play in the middle is a mistake, he is done.

Have you seen Smith play? I imagine you haven’t seen Oliver play either? I don’t care his size people cannot block him.

Barr isn't gonna rush the passer every down, so not a huge fan of re-signing Ryan, clay to play ilb, and then barr even though you say he will play edge.. 

Otherwise I love the draft. Obviously would like an edge higher but I like the first 3 picks a lot 

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Just saying in general, we need to add a pass rusher this year more than previous years.

I get the want for a legit edge but in today’s NFL collapsing the pocket is just as valuable if not more. I don’t understand why people are not considering Oliver a pass rusher? He excels at rushing the passer from the inside.

Archived