Rams vs Cowboys: Divisional Round

bomont

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On offense, yes. I've never disputed this. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you're not smarter than this.

The Rams defense held the Cowboys to less points than yours did. The Rams as a whole played significantly better than the Seahawks.

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well then I guess, based off of one game, Jason Garrett is a better head coach than Pete Carroll. Can't beat that logic, jrry!

No, that's not the point at all. You just admitted that the Rams were better coached against Dallas. That contradicts with your assertion that Pete is a better coach. That's especially silly when Pete has been an inferior coach than McVay over McVay's entire tenure as a HC.

23 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

I think the Cowboys were just needlessly hyped up because they're the Cowboys, not because they were a particularly good team.

To come back from 3-5 to 10-6 to a playoff win..to being one of the last teams to be out in the league...and we aren't even a good team.

Am I summarizing how ridiculous you sound right now?

36 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

To come back from 3-5 to 10-6 to a playoff win..to being one of the last teams to be out in the league...and we aren't even a good team.

Am I summarizing how ridiculous you sound right now?

New Orleans was their only really impressive win of the season.

This dude..

(Peters didn’t hold back in the locker room afterward.

“Tell Coop I thought he knew us,” Peters said, via Michael Silver of NFL Media. “He said he played us two times a year. . . .That’s 12 times he played against me and [Talib]. I think he got strapped tonight. He had that TD, but he didn’t do s—. [While incurring the personal foul] I choked him out. He couldn’t do nothin’. He was crying for his mama. That’s how he is. That’s why the Raiders got rid of him.”)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/marcus-peters-on-amari-cooper-i-choked-him-out/?sf205954129=1

I recorded the replay and went back through it looking specifically for dropped passes and things like offsides. The actual number of true drops were very few. Woods had a bad drop early that killed a drive. Higbee had a ball go through his hands. That fail didn't matter because the Rams scored a TD a couple of plays later. A. Cooper had a pass go through his hands. That fail was critical because there was nobody behind him and he could have run to the EZ. Cowboys had to punt. Anderson appeared to intentionally drop a pass to  avoid being tackled for a loss. R. Gathers had an ugly drop late. Hit him right in the hands chest level but the ball just fell to the ground. 

Both team's DLs were lining up in the neutral zone frequently.  But late in the game the Rams were blatantly offsides at least twice with no calls. The Line of Scrimmage is supposed to be sacrosanct. I wonder what the outcome of the game would have been if the HL would call those violations committed by both teams.

Archived