1. 1. Wentz vs Goff vs Prescott

• Prescott>Goff>Wentz
    • Prescott>Wentz>Goff
    • Wentz>Goff>Prescott
    • Wentz>Prescott>Goff
    • Goff>Wentz>Prescott
    • Goff>Prescott>Wentz

24 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Goff is clearly last.. If cowboys had better qb play, they are playing in the NFC championship next weekend. 

The guy who played the best this year and is still in the playoffs is clearly last? LOL. Okay. 

Goff

Wentz

Prescott

I give Goff the edge if I had to pick one over the other because Wentz just cant stay healthy. I want my QB on the field. The Cowboys dont win if Prescott has to lead the charge because Zeke is either not playing (suspended) or he isnt effective like he was tonight. The Rams have won plenty of games on the arm of Goff and the Eagles have won plenty of games on the arm of Wentz. Dak needs the perfect situation to win. He needs a dominant running game and a defense to keep the game low scoring. Dak cant win many shoot outs. 

Definitely would have said Wentz... but Goff has been good enough that the injury concerns with Wentz are enough for me to roll with Goff. Just a safer bet. Both are franchise QBs, already top ~10 guys, and have elite potential. We've already seen fairly long stretches of play that put them in the MVP conversation form each (Wentz's 13 games in 2017, Goff's 1st 8/9 games in 2018).

Prescott a fairly distance 3rd. Least physically talented, and I don't think his accuracy and pocket presence will ever improve to the point where he'd be the engine of an offense. I think with a good cast he can be a more than competent QB, can win a SB, all that stuff, and I think it's hard to find a QB so if you're the Cowboys you pay him and hope he improves and maybe becomes a steady top 15ish QB... but when it comes to where he is now and where I think he ends up, I think it's a few steps behind Wentz and Goff. One trait/skill/ability, whatever you want to call it, he does have other these two is not getting rattled. He definitely does not let the moment get to him. Wentz hasn't and many opportunities, I don't think Goff has either, so I'm not calling them choke artist or anything, but Dak has sufficiently shown he's got nerves of steel.

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

sorry, i meant Prescott LOL. awkward. 

Now, I'm even more offended. You mistook Jared Goff for Dak? I know Goff airmailed a couple passes tonight, but he can still hit the broadside of a barn 9 times out of 10. ;)

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Definitely would have said Wentz... but Goff has been good enough that the injury concerns with Wentz are enough for me to roll with Goff. Just a safer bet. Both are franchise QBs, already top ~10 guys, and have elite potential. We've already seen fairly long stretches of play that put them in the MVP conversation form each (Wentz's 13 games in 2017, Goff's 1st 8/9 games in 2018).

Prescott a fairly distance 3rd. Least physically talented, and I don't think his accuracy and pocket presence will ever improve to the point where he'd be the engine of an offense. I think with a good cast he can be a more than competent QB, can win a SB, all that stuff, and I think it's hard to find a QB so if you're the Cowboys you pay him and hope he improves and maybe becomes a steady top 15ish QB... but when it comes to where he is now and where I think he ends up, I think it's a few steps behind Wentz and Goff. One trait/skill/ability, whatever you want to call it, he does have other these two is not getting rattled. He definitely does not let the moment get to him. Wentz hasn't and many opportunities, I don't think Goff has either, so I'm not calling them choke artist or anything, but Dak has sufficiently shown he's got nerves of steel.

Dak isn't a bad quarterback. I'm just not convinced he's anything more than that. If that pick 6 was caught today, this wouldn't have been a game. 

I saw him miss numerous "gimme" throws this season to put games away and he runs hot and cold accuracy wise. He also had some good performances, I can't take away from that, but the NFC east seems remarkably soft every year as a whole (no offense). Furthermore, despite what you will or won't say about Linehan, he has time to throw back there (I'm watching the games, don't give me sack numbers), decent receivers, and an excellent run game. The defense was quite good as a whole this year and you can make a strong argument that Dallas still barely won the NFC east with a gimpy Redskins team that fell off late and numerous single score wins that hint at regression (i.e. 2016 raiders, among others).

I think next year will be telling for his future.

Goff and Wentz are almost too close. Wentz is the better QB when hes on the field, but the fact that Goffs never been hurt enough to miss any games IIRC is what makes them a tossup.

The better poll would be Goff or Wentz or Foles. Dak couldnt even hold BDN's jockstrap (both in a literal and physical sense)

Archived