The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

6 hours ago, J Shank said:

No. ALWAYS... lol Even Brady was just along for the ride in his first Super Bowl run.

You are doing mental gymnastics trying to place some blame on Dak. Hmmm... I wonder if calling him Quincy all year has placed you in a position that you are now dug into, and will never retreat from no matter the facts. I mean, our all-world RB had 50yrds, and our Defense was historically bad, at doing what they are supposed to be great at... but "Quuuiiiinnnccccy..."

Also, maybe you should start calling Aaron Rodgers Quincy.

It isn’t mental gymnastics to expect your QB to perform at a higher level when the playoffs start. Just as it isn’t mental gymnastics to expect more out of the coaching staff in the playoffs. Did the defense tank? Of course it did. But, did Quincy do anything to elevate his game in the most important game of the year? No. That’s the issue. Again, franchise guys will step up. Quincy didn’t. He didn’t have a bad game, but he didn’t have the game requisite a franchise QB in the playoffs - win or lose.

Seriously, have you never set goals for yourself? You ALWAYS set the goal high. Hell, make it seem totally unreasonable and totally unachievable. Why? Because you have a better chance of success by setting it rather than having low expectations. If you expect mediocrity, that’s what you’ll be rewarded with. I don’t. I expect more out of the QB. As the leader of the team, it’s his job to step up and do more, especially when another part of the team is doing less. I have the exact same expectation of the head coach. Both failed on Saturday.

And ya know what? I’d take Aaron Rodgers 100 times out of 100 opportunities to lead our team. And that’s because there is a greater possibility, season-over-season, that he will be successful based on setting higher expectations. 

Oh yeah, Tom Brady was also in his second season when he was “along for the ride”, and had seriously inferior offensive personnel compared to Dallas. Quincy is in year 3.

6 hours ago, J Shank said:

No. ALWAYS... lol Even Brady was just along for the ride in his first Super Bowl run.

You are doing mental gymnastics trying to place some blame on Dak. Hmmm... I wonder if calling him Quincy all year has placed you in a position that you are now dug into, and will never retreat from no matter the facts. I mean, our all-world RB had 50yrds, and our Defense was historically bad, at doing what they are supposed to be great at... but "Quuuiiiinnnccccy..."

Applause

great job @Matts4313 would definitely approve this statement

9 hours ago, J Shank said:

Brady led his team from a come from behind win in the SB. Not to mention Oakland as well who were the odd's on favorites for the game. If you wanna pay Dak 30 million a year then he needs to deliver in those situations down 8 points with a historically bad defense and a 50 yard RB.

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

REALLLLLY!!!!!

Brady had Belichick

Dak has ….. do I really need to say it?????

Dude, seriously? Did you ignore both the opening and second paragraph of the post where I specifically said that THE COACH is accountable, too? I said that the coach failed. That can’t be argued. Garrett has been failing this team as head coach for years, and it’s impeding the progress and developme t of an aready mediocre (at best) QB.

And, the Pats needed to be brought back in the end to set up the game winning field goal. Brady orchestrated that drive. He had 1:30 on the clock and put the team in the position to win. Did it help that he had Belichick? Of course it did. But let’s not discount what Brady did. He put the team on his back and marched them down the field. We’ve seen Quincy do that, but he came up small in key situations on Saturday. Again, that can’t be argued. We all watched the game. He was average, not great. And average QBs don’t win deep in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Dude, seriously? Did you ignore both the opening and second paragraph of the post where I specifically said that THE COACH is accountable, too? I said that the coach failed. That can’t be argued. Garrett has been failing this team as head coach for years, and it’s impeding the progress and developme t of an aready mediocre (at best) QB.

And, the Pats needed to be brought back in the end to set up the game winning field goal. Brady orchestrated that drive. He had 1:30 on the clock and put the team in the position to win. Did it help that he had Belichick? Of course it did. But let’s not discount what Brady did. He put the team on his back and marched them down the field. We’ve seen Quincy do that, but he came up small in key situations on Saturday. Again, that can’t be argued. We all watched the game. He was average, not great. And average QBs don’t win deep in the playoffs.

Average QBs can win deep in the playoffs but they need a good coach and a very good team surrounding him. 

We know we dont have a good coach and soon as we extend Dak, we wont be able to field the type of team around him that he needs.

Archived