The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Rod "may be a good coach" but perhaps we need to do this to upgrade KR or risk losing him perhaps??

KR is going to be the DC moving forward. RM has already stated he's perfectly happy giving up that role and already has to some extent. KR called the defense more than once this season. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

KR is going to be the DC moving forward. RM has already stated he's perfectly happy giving up that role and already has to some extent. KR called the defense more than once this season. 

We definitely need some DT help.

Hopefully a big ugly 1T to help stop the run.

14 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

We definitely need some DT help.

Hopefully a big ugly 1T to help stop the run.

Jonathan Hankins???????????? He signed with the Raiders this year for a one year contract. Dallas didn't want him cause ROD doesn't believe we need a run stuffing NT. 

38 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This sounds an awful lot like a guy who is already the DC, no? 

Maybe lets fire KR. .. the defense gave up 26 pts and almost 400 yds/gm down the stretch. 

I mean, if we're looking for heads and such. 

Who's defensive philosophy is it to not invest in the 1 tech position? Who has been in Dallas coaching defense the longest?

I'm glad to hear another coach speak, other than the robot Jason Garrett. We know of one coach who weasled his way out that responsibility. 

27 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Who's defensive philosophy is it to not invest in the 1 tech position? Who has been in Dallas coaching defense the longest?

I'm glad to hear another coach speak, other than the robot Jason Garrett. We know of one coach who weasled his way out that responsibility. 

Pretty much. You and I have been two of the noisier members of this forum about wanting a true 1-tech NT. Hopefully, having our a$$es handed to us in the Divisional round of the playoffs will finally get those numbskulls to recognize that you can’t throw dog sh!t out there and expect it to work when it really matters. 

49 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Pretty much. You and I have been two of the noisier members of this forum about wanting a true 1-tech NT. Hopefully, having our a$$es handed to us in the Divisional round of the playoffs will finally get those numbskulls to recognize that you can’t throw dog sh!t out there and expect it to work when it really matters. 

JG is still probably getting his extension

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

the holes were so big sometimes I wonder if we don't need two fat ugly ITs.

sad part Dallas was good all year against the run, so I didn't see this coming.

I wouldn't overreact to one game. Dallas' run defense was one of the best in the NFL. Sometimes, you just gotta tip your hat to the other team. Our offense has made a lot of defenses look bad this year, and we were well rested and at home after a bye. Personally, I also think we took our foot off the gas after we basically clinched everything against the Chiefs. You guys got a Rams team that was energized, rested, and playing all out for the first time in awhile.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

This sounds an awful lot like a guy who is already the DC, no? 

Maybe lets fire KR. .. the defense gave up 26 pts and almost 400 yds/gm down the stretch. 

I mean, if we're looking for heads and such. 

Keep him and Marinelli. Let RM focus on the DL and consult. Make KR the DC. I've always respected KR. Think he's the best pure DC of all the former Carroll assistants, personally. Fire Scott Linehan. He ruined my childhood lol.

5 hours ago, atran35 said:

Jonathan Hankins???????????? He signed with the Raiders this year for a one year contract. Dallas didn't want him cause ROD doesn't believe we need a run stuffing NT. 

Remember when we could have signed Suh?

Archived