The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I know you arent bringing up that Rams game to show how much he development. Please tell me you are not bringing up that Rams game.

Did he make some bad throws? Yes. But to say he didn't make some really nice ones during the game either is just false. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Oh cmon D82 stats are beyond misleading. Hitting WIDE OPEN receivers of course is going to raise your accuracy stats. What about decision making? How about that missed throw to Gallup who might have run it in for a TD at the end of the 1st half? He was missing those throws all game. He has shown a bit more nerve to take chances with his receivers but he really hasn't changed that much.

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Did he make some bad throws? Yes. But to say he didn't make some really nice ones during the game either is just false. 

The argument is not that he didn't make some nice throws. That has not been the gripe about that game. It was that he did not make the nice throws when we needed them most.

The Packers game in 2016 where you just knew the Packers were going to score when Rodgers rolled out of that collapsed pocket and hit his TE (I think TE) in stride just in bounds for like a 25 yard gain? That was the kind of pass we needed from Dak. Like that one to Gallup I just brought up at the end of the half. Most of the time he didn't even look at Cooper who got open alot more then Talib claims.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

The argument is not that he didn't make some nice throws. That has not been the gripe about that game. It was that he did not make the nice throws when we needed them most.

The Packers game in 2016 where you just knew the Packers were going to score when Rodgers rolled out of that collapsed pocket and hit his TE (I think TE) in stride just in bounds for like a 25 yard gain? That was the kind of pass we needed from Dak. Like that one to Gallup I just brought up at the end of the half. Most of the time he didn't even look at Cooper who got open alot more then Talib claims.

He leads the league in 4th Qtr comebacks since 2016. C'mon dude. It's not like the loss was solely on Dak. 

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

He leads the league in 4th Qtr comebacks since 2016. C'mon dude. It's not like the loss was solely on Dak. 

No you're right that loss was not solely on Dak. But Antwan Woods is not being talked about being given a 100 million dollar contract and staying a lifelong Cowboy. Neither is Maleik Collins, nor is any other player being talked about having that type of cash thrown at them and the closest will be Zeke, Coop, and maybe Dlaw.

The key difference between those players and Dak this game is that the Rams secondary was ripe for a thrashing. We saw it on that first TD play to Cooper and the other to Gallup. We were watching both receivers get open all night. Even Jarwin was getting open, as well as Beasley. When teams are stacking the box to stop Zeke which the Rams made no secret even in the week leading up to the game. That's when we need Dak to come through for us. We need him to be the momentum driver.

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

No you're right that loss was not solely on Dak. But Antwan Woods is not being talked about being given a 100 million dollar contract and staying a lifelong Cowboy. Neither is Maleik Collins, nor is any other player being talked about having that type of cash thrown at them and the closest will be Zeke, Coop, and maybe Dlaw.

The key difference between those players and Dak this game is that the Rams secondary was ripe for a thrashing. We saw it on that first TD play to Cooper and the other to Gallup. We were watching both receivers get open all night. Even Jarwin was getting open, as well as Beasley. When teams are stacking the box to stop Zeke which the Rams made no secret even in the week leading up to the game. That's when we need Dak to come through for us. We need him to be the momentum driver.

Bingo. The rams don't get out of their base 3-4 set when we go 3 wide, we can't move the ball, and can't  score more than 22, but it's okay because Dak managed a nice throw or two 

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Bingo. The rams don't get out of their base 3-4 set when we go 3 wide, we can't move the ball, and can't  score more than 22, but it's okay because Dak managed a nice throw or two 

Exactly. No one has said he doesnt throw nice passes. Of course he makes some nice throws. 

He also misses big time throws.

If we pay Dak $30 million a year, he has to make those throws more consistently than he does now.

He will have to carry our defense because if he gets $30 million a year, were definitely losing some D players.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:54 PM, DaBoys said:

I know... Can you believe the nerve of Dak calling HB dives into the teeth of the defense, over-and-over again?!?!? I mean, its almost like his drastically improved passing stats that jump-out at football gurus during unleashed two-minute drills are always coincidentally lucky, and coincidentally also have him "luckily" orchestrating more 4th quarter comebacks than ANY other QB in the league.  

I see Dak constantly calling out of a scheme-tight passing call on first down, in order to check into a bland Zeke run up the middle. Also, Dak was really putting his own touch on the O-line the first half of the year, whatever he had those big uglies doing up there was great... until Colombo came and took that job from him... lol

Just wondering, are you a big fan of how our offense has been called? Are you a big fan of Linehan? It would be logically consistent if you were/are, but if not, and you think Linehan should have been fired how do you reconcile Dak's success with that? Because even if you think Dak performed averagely this season, but think Linehan is garbage, then logic would dictate Dak will likely be better with an improvement over Linehan - so better than 'average' or whatever you think he is.

Also, maybe - and this is just my take on it - pure 'arm-talent' is not the end-all be-all of playing QB in the league... Maybe, some of the intangibles that no one living on planet reality could overlook, are that extreme and are that important (regardless of your mis-evaluation) to being successful at the QB position.

1 hour ago, J Shank said:

I know... Can you believe the nerve of Dak calling HB dives into the teeth of the defense, over-and-over again?!?!? I mean, its almost like his drastically improved passing stats that jump-out at football gurus during unleashed two-minute drills are always coincidentally lucky, and coincidentally also have him "luckily" orchestrating more 4th quarter comebacks than ANY other QB in the league.  

I see Dak constantly calling out of a scheme-tight passing call on first down, in order to check into a bland Zeke run up the middle. Also, Dak was really putting his own touch on the O-line the first half of the year, whatever he had those big uglies doing up there was great... until Colombo came and took that job from him... lol

Just wondering, are you a big fan of how our offense has been called? Are you a big fan of Linehan? It would be logically consistent if you were/are, but if not, and you think Linehan should have been fired how do you reconcile Dak's success with that? Because even if you think Dak performed averagely this season, but think Linehan is garbage, then logic would dictate Dak will likely be better with an improvement over Linehan - so better than 'average' or whatever you think he is.

Also, maybe - and this is just my take on it - pure 'arm-talent' is not the end-all be-all of playing QB in the league... Maybe, some of the intangibles that no one living on planet reality could overlook, are that extreme and are that important (regardless of your mis-evaluation) to being successful at the QB position.

Lol

I take it all back. Have you heard Dak is a pro bowler now?

2 hours ago, J Shank said:

Zeke struggled vs. the rams too. Not sure what that has to do with absolving Dak from struggling. I'm not impressed with 4th quarter combacks like it's the end all be all for the measure of QBs either. If you play like trash for 3 quarters and your defense has held the opponent to 13 points and you pull out the win in the 4th, that doesn't make you the GOAT. And according to pro football reference he has 8 career 4th quarter combacks. Same as Mark Sanchez and Nick Foles. Amazing!

The OL was above average this year. Tyron was the highest graded pass blocking OT in the league. Zack Martin was Zack Martin. Joe Looney was our season saving MVP, and Lael Collins graded as a top 32 OT out of 64+ starters. Not to mention we had the leagues leading rusher, with Dak being in the top 5 for most time in the pocket before the throw. But keep blaming the OL, dude. Anyone but the QB amiright?

I wasn't a fan of Linehan for this team as I thought he hindered our ability to run the ball. He has always been good at designing a passing offense. He had success with Gus Ferrotte and Chris Chambers, Marc Bulger and Torrey Holt, Matt Stafford and Megatron, Tony Romo and Dez.... just couldn't do anything with Dak. Which is why SL CHOSE to leave. And he was never a running game guru which we kinda need with our running back Zeke and our throwing back Dak. It's just interesting to me that SL has been successful with almost every QB/WR group hes been with including Romo and friends. 

My mis-evaluation? It's the same evaluation most people have. Professional opinion or otherwise. Should we set up another poll in NFL gen?

On 1/20/2019 at 4:15 PM, D82 said:

With the way the cap is going to keep going up...paying Dak $30MM a year isn't going to cost us as much as some of you guys think.

It’ll be the same as anything else: roughly 12% of the cap. And, we’ve seen what happens to teams when one person accounts for that much: they lose talented players. And given Quincy’s need to have a large surroundjng cast around him to be successful, it increases the probability that his quality of play will decline and that our win/loss record will suffer because he lacks the ability to place the team on his shoulders and win without a stellar cast.

Defending Dak from being OVERLY/UNJUSTLY criticized, or even worse, calling him Quincy, is much different than those claims. 

By defending Dak, I, and most others, are not saying Dak is Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. . .

I am not making the claim that Dak is a 5k 40+ TD QB type of guy.

Extraordinary claims, such as the "Quincy", type claims require strong evidence to support them. The evidence, though, exonerates him - clearly.

Don't try and control the narrative and create a false equivalency. If people put him on Brady level, Brees, Rodgers, than they have the extraordinary burden, but that's not the case.

39 minutes ago, J Shank said:

Defending Dak from being OVERLY/UNJUSTLY criticized, or even worse, calling him Quincy, is much different than those claims. 

By defending Dak, I, and most others, are not saying Dak is Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. . .

I am not making the claim that Dak is a 5k 40+ TD QB type of guy.

Extraordinary claims, such as the "Quincy", type claims require strong evidence to support them. The evidence, though, exonerates him - clearly.

Don't try and control the narrative and create a false equivalency. If people put him on Brady level, Brees, Rodgers, than they have the extraordinary burden, but that's not the case.

Not Quincy but Tyrod Taylor maybe? Andy Dalton? Joe Flacco? Eli Manning

Archived