Season Recap

flyingmonkey30

Go ahead and put thoughts about the overall season in here. I’ll come back after I’ve had 12 hours to let everything set in. But overall, being as young as we are, I think this was a good building block towards success. Time to start getting more aggressive in the offseason IMO, and it starts with a big time OC hire.

This team exceeded expectations. Can they build on this? Going to have to make good draft moves and re-sign key players. Might have to spend a bit in FA too.

Additionally, we need a quality QB coach, promote Kris Richards to DC and a NEW innovative Offensive Coordinator. If Dak suppose to be the MAN...he needs to show it next year. 

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Do not sign JG to extension.

New OC. 

New QB coach. 

New OL coach.

Earl Thomas or draft S. 

Get another TE.

Back up RB.

Vet QB

Keep up solid work in draft. 

New OL Coach??? I thought what's his face did a good job once he took over.

Everyone keeps saying "this was a great year", etc. but no. We said it was a great year after the 2006 season. The 2007 season. 2009, 2014. 2016. Now 2018. And we still have yet to see a Championship Game in 25 years. I'm furious. 

While I didn't think this team would make it near this far, once we're here they have to strike. They had numerous chances to make it. They didn't. We watched Demarcus Ware, Jason Witten along with Tony Romo grow old and leave. We will have a 1st place schedule next year. This OL will be a year older and it's clear they're not what they used to be. 

Dak Prescott is heading into the last year of his contract and a decision has to be made whether to sign him to a boat load of money or not. Once the Cowboys sign him, we have Zeke, then Lawrence and Byron. That will significantly effect our ability to bring in high quality FAs that could put us over the top. Jason Garrett will probably be re-signed after failing numerous times and showing that he's incapable of taking this team where they want to go.

All in all, I'm crushed. 25 years and counting

6 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Everyone keeps saying "this was a great year", etc. but no. We said it was a great year after the 2006 season. The 2007 season. 2009, 2014. 2016. Now 2018. And we still have yet to see a Championship Game in 25 years. I'm furious. 

While I didn't think this team would make it near this far, once we're here they have to strike. They had numerous chances to make it. They didn't. We watched Demarcus Ware, Jason Witten along with Tony Romo grow old and leave. We will have a 1st place schedule next year. This OL will be a year older and it's clear they're not what they used to be. 

Dak Prescott is heading into the last year of his contract and a decision has to be made whether to sign him to a boat load of money or not. Once the Cowboys sign him, we have Zeke, then Lawrence and Byron. That will significantly effect our ability to bring in high quality FAs that could put us over the top. Jason Garrett will probably be re-signed after failing numerous times that he's incapable of taking this team where they want to go.

All in all, I'm crushed. 25 years and counting

Technically we have a 5th option year with Dak.

39 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

agree with all. But who????

New OC. Jedd Fisch - OC consultant for Rams or Gary Kubiak - if Denver lets him go. 

New QB coach. Bush Hamden (Washington Huskies) or Kurt Roper (David Cutliffe disciple and see Steven Montez development at Colorado)

New OL coach.  Joe Philbin, Joe Rudolph (Wisconsin) or Ed Warinner (Michigan)

Archived