There should be only one debate!!!

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

I really don't know about Zeke. He's lost his top end speed that made him special in 2016. 

But if not re-signing Zeke is on the table, not re-signing Dak should be on the table also. 

Zeke still has one yr, plus the 5th yr option remaining. No need to worry about it yet. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK I guess I am asking the question wrong. How about, if JG stays, are you happy or not about it???

Totally happy with it at this point. 3-5 to start season, 8-2 to finish it. I wouldn't give him an extension though. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Zeke still has one yr, plus the 5th yr option remaining. No need to worry about it yet. 

With the way the Cowboys have used Zeke, they have to make a decision sooner than later. I doubt they can just have him play on the 5th year option without any backlash from him. 

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

With the way the Cowboys have used Zeke, they have to make a decision sooner than later. I doubt they can just have him play on the 5th year option without any backlash from him. 

His 5th yr option will likely end up paying $15m. 

Honestly, I'm not even sure I'd re-sign Zeke when the time comes. 

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

JJ's a dumba$$ tho. He would some how screw this up or make it more difficult in one way or the other.

I'm not worried about JJ. He isn't calling all the shots anymore. SJ/McClay appear more than willing to move guys who rock the boat.  

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

I wouldn’t either. A competent OC (should happen after we can SL), and good OL (check, especially once Frederick returns) is way more important to the success of a running game than an RB. Hence why a fat slob like CJ Anderson could gash us tonight. The money is much better spent elsewhere. I love Zeke, but let someone else pay him big money while he exits his prime years, and we can enjoy the 3rd round compensatory pick.

5 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

I wouldn’t either. A competent OC (should happen after we can SL), and good OL (check, especially once Frederick returns) is way more important to the success of a running game than an RB. Hence why a fat slob like CJ Anderson could gash us tonight. The money is much better spent elsewhere. I love Zeke, but let someone else pay him big money while he exits his prime years, and we can enjoy the 3rd round compensatory pick.

Absolutely. I should probably rephrase my original statement, because there is no chance I'm re-signing Zeke for $15-16m/yr. Which probably what it's going to take. 

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If it were up to me, I wouldn't re-sign him. The fact that he's lost so much speed in only 2 seasons is insane. 

Archived