E/W Shrine Game + NFLPA Collegiate Bowl Discussion

Jeezla

On 1/17/2019 at 2:08 AM, lark25 said:

What’s the agenda in not issuing the measurements?

This is bothering me, too. The guys at the draft network mentioned that they finally got the measurement results, but I haven't seen them posted anywhere online. 

RB--Darrin Hall
FB--George Aston
WR--Cody Thompson/Jon'Vea Johnson
TE--Matt Sokol
OT--Calvin Anderson/Brandon Knight
OG--Martez Ivey
OC--Jesse Burkett

DT: Terry Beckner/Daniel Wise
OLB: Andrew Van Ginkel/Ben Burr-Kirven/Jordan Jones/Ulysees Gilbert/Kendall Joseph
ILB: Khalil Hodge
CB: Michael Jackson/Blace Brown/Jamal Peters
FS: Lukas Denis/Chris Johnson/Jalen Young
SS: Kiy Hester

I think all of these guys have NFL futures. The bolded ones are guys I think could become stars.

Impressive size for these guys quickly looking at the rosters.  I am a big Custis fan, he is physically very impressive and is a really large athletic kid I feel, very underrated.  And I will have to check out Barton more, that is impressive size for a OT, same with Ryan Pope.  And Justin Hollins at that size and athletic ability is a freak linebacker possibly.

Jamal Custis   Syracuse WR 6042 212 10 4/8 34 2/8 82 1/8
Justin Hollins   Oregon DE 6052 245 10 2/8 33 79 5/8
Jackson Barton   Utah OT 6071 303 9 1/8 33 6/8 80 6/8
Ryan Pope   SDSU OT 6067 315 11 3/8 35 2/8 84 5/8

Little bit disappointed in Baity only being 6-2 but still has impressive length no doubt for a corner.

Kind of surprised Martez Ivey is in a game like this, to me he is by far the best player on either roster and has the best chance at being a 1st round pick.  And with him very impressive size measurements as well even though I still say he is a guard in the NFL.

Martez Ivey   Florida OT 6051 310 10 5/8 35 6/8 85

44 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Kind of surprised Martez Ivey is in a game like this, to me he is by far the best player on either roster and has the best chance at being a 1st round pick.  And with him very impressive size measurements as well even though I still say he is a guard in the NFL.

Martez Ivey   Florida OT 6051 310 10 5/8 35 6/8 85

He still living off his that top HS recruit hype?

42 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He still living off his that top HS recruit hype?

I never knew he was a top ranked High school recruit, I usually do not follow high school rankings all that closely.  I feel Ivey has been good for awhile, sure at times struggles at tackle but inside as a guard he could be a great player and is one of the better OL prospect in the up coming draft.  Versatile obviously but at that size and length combined with his athletic ability could be a beast at guard.  

52 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I never knew he was a top ranked High school recruit, I usually do not follow high school rankings all that closely.  I feel Ivey has been good for awhile, sure at times struggles at tackle but inside as a guard he could be a great player and is one of the better OL prospect in the up coming draft.  Versatile obviously but at that size and length combined with his athletic ability could be a beast at guard.  

Haven’t heard him impressing at the practices at all. Don’t think people there would even rank him in the top 10 for best players there.

But, yeah he was the #2 recruit in the country coming out and it just seemed like his Florida career was a huge disappointment. Showed potential at times though, but never took the next step. Needs to be refined. He’s got solid athleticism for a dude that big and has played at tackle and guard so some team will def pull the trigger. 

I doubt he will be anywhere near round 1 though.

Archived