E/W Shrine Game + NFLPA Collegiate Bowl Discussion

Jeezla

32 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

After his resume, his practices, and the fact that he had great coverage...AND almost took back that FG, Jimmy Moreland made himself some $ this week.

Really?  I did not see the game but good to hear he did well.  Moreland is a damn good cover corner, could play the slot and has great ball skills and super reaction time.  Small sure but in the pass happy NFL of today he should fit in quite well in coverage.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Really?  I did not see the game but good to hear he did well.  Moreland is a damn good cover corner, could play the slot and has great ball skills and super reaction time.  Small sure but in the pass happy NFL of today he should fit in quite well in coverage.  

Yeah, he was pretty good in coverage. He holds his school record for INT (18) and Pick 6's (6). One of those Pick 6's was a 100yard version last season (he had 3 games in a row with Pick 6). Once he INT he looks to return as much as possible. Setting up the blockers so he gets extra yardage. The thing is that going into the season he was JMU's 2nd best CB. Rashard Robinson was the Top CB but got turf toe and was out for the season.

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Haven’t heard him impressing at the practices at all. Don’t think people there would even rank him in the top 10 for best players there.

But, yeah he was the #2 recruit in the country coming out and it just seemed like his Florida career was a huge disappointment. Showed potential at times though, but never took the next step. Needs to be refined. He’s got solid athleticism for a dude that big and has played at tackle and guard so some team will def pull the trigger. 

I doubt he will be anywhere near round 1 though.

I wonder how much he really wants it.

Archived