You're the owner of all teams that lost in the playoffs....

JAF-N72EX

What would you do differently in the off-season to not only secure a spot in the playoffs again next year, but also take the next step?

What would you guys do with the Texans, Seahawks, Ravens, Bears, Colts and Cowboys?

This is not restricted to only these teams either. I'm talking about any team who gets eliminated at any time.

I would start by contributing to this with my own opinions but I've been drinking tonight so It's probably best I wait this one out for now. (I'm not a happy Bears fan)

12 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

What would you do differently in the off-season to not only secure a spot in the playoffs again next year, but also take the next step?

What would you guys do with the Texans, Seahawks, Ravens, Bears, Colts and Cowboys?

This is not restricted to only these teams either. I'm talking about any team who gets eliminated at any time.

I would start by contributing to this with my own opinions but I've been drinking tonight so It's probably best I wait this one out for now. (I'm not a happy Bears fan)

well for starters every Cowboy fan starts with getting rid of OC Scott Linehan. I vote for getting rid of Jason Garett as well, but that is up for debate at the moment.  

Colts need to: 

~Decide whether to keep QB Jacoby Brissett for the final year of his contract or to deal him to someone for less then a first round pick

~ Add WR, EDGE, 3T, and CB whether in the draft or free agency

~ Decide whether to resign either Clayton Geathers, or Matthias Farley, or move on from both and overhaul SS

~ we are going to have to decide whether to give Ryan Kelly the 5th year option and then decide on an extension. As well as Matt Slauson and Mark Glowinski are both free agencts so we have to decide if we are bringing one of them back to play RG (Glowinski) or draft a replacement.  

~ spend $120 ish million dollars 

Ravens to do list:

- Fire Marty Morninwhig. Check.

- Find a replacement OC that can work with Lamar's running ability. Check.

- Find a QB coach who can help develop Lamar into a capable passer while also teaching him how to be smart with his running ability. TBD.

- Upgrade the OL specifically at C, LG, RT.

- Make the message clear that this is Decosta's team now, not Ozzie's.

- Prepare an emergency plan for firing John Harbaugh mid-season.

- Find upgrades at WR, find a solid TE coach to help Andrews/Hurst develop.

That's about it IMO.

Texans- Protect Watson and Fix my Cornerback depth chart. 

Seahawks- Get some D-Line depth and grab Wilson another target. Fire Schottenheimer

Ravens- Re-Sign key defenders, Speed at WR and RB. I’d want to build the fastest offense in the league around LJ. 

Bears- Keep improving offensively. Shore up the Line to lean on Howard and Cohen. 

Colts- Grab an EDGE and Another Linebacker. Also give Luck a big WR.

Cowboys- Find a new QB and TE. Grab a big nasty NT for the middle of the defense. Re-Sign Cooper and Lawrence. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:32 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

What would you guys do with the Texans...

- Fire Bill O'Brien.

- Give all the money to Jim Harbaugh.

- Tag Jadevion Clowney.

- Re sign Tyrann Mathieu and Kareem Jackson.

- Sign Tevin Coleman.

- Trade LB Whitney Mercilius for extra picks.

- Select top CB available at #23.

- Use all picks in 2nd round/3rd round on OL.

On 1/13/2019 at 12:11 AM, SwoleXmad said:

Ravens to do list:

- Fire Marty Morninwhig. Check.

- Find a replacement OC that can work with Lamar's running ability. Check.

- Find a QB coach who can help develop Lamar into a capable passer while also teaching him how to be smart with his running ability. TBD.

- Upgrade the OL specifically at C, LG, RT.

- Make the message clear that this is Decosta's team now, not Ozzie's.

- Prepare an emergency plan for firing John Harbaugh mid-season.

- Find upgrades at WR, find a solid TE coach to help Andrews/Hurst develop.

That's about it IMO.

Basically what we learned this year (and previous years) is that you cannot win consistently in the playoffs on defense alone, you MUST have a top tier offense to compete. Any team's defense is capable of stepping up at any given moment, but if you don't have an offense, you're not going anywhere.

Offense needs to be our main priority this offseason, and I believe that by "firing" Marty and shifting Engram away from the WR's, we've taken the first 2 initial steps to making that happen. The draft will be another key piece of that, as we need to see major upgrades to our interior OL and WR group moving forward, along with an "x-factor" player at RB (Ty Montgomery may actually be that piece, who knows what he'll bring with a full offseason to learn our playbook).

Archived