Rod to stay as DC in 2019??

textaz03

Rod should be demoted or place in symbolic role where he coaches the DLine. I want Kris to build up the defense with his own people. Potentially, a fat NT that can move the pocket and stuff the run. Something ROD does not value. 

2 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Rod should be demoted or place in symbolic role where he coaches the DLine. I want Kris to build up the defense with his own people. Potentially, a fat NT that can move the pocket and stuff the run. Something ROD does not value. 

I get that he doesnt value that position, but a big difference between using a 1st round pick or a street free agent.

Should have signed Hankins for cheap.

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems nobody had a problem with the NT until we got run on by the Colts in week 16. Antwuan Woods was awesome this year

Agreed. I like Woods. I wouldn't be opposed to adding a true 3T though.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems nobody had a problem with the NT until we got run on by the Colts in week 16. Antwuan Woods was awesome this year

Uhhhhhhhh...PLAN and several of us was calling for HANKINS or a true NT to be added for YEARS. While Wade was here I wanted us to add Shaun Rogers at one point. Last year Collins was playing NT and getting killed at the point of attack. They finally move him over to play DT and let Woods/Ross combo at NT. 

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I liked how Woods played this year too, think he definitely deserves to hold onto his starting job going into next year and maybe even have his contract revisited.

But it’s hard to watch that game last night and not see the parallels to 2008 BAL, 2012 WAS, 2014 and ‘16 GB, some of those Giants games when they had Jacobs and Bradshaw, you get the idea. A lot of the time in these late season losses there’s an element of “beat to 6 YPC death” involved in them. We just get out-physicaled and it’s miserable to watch.

Idk how much a single DT can fix your run defense in 2019. We can’t overlook the scheme aspect to it, nor the fact that we had one of the best run D’s in the league and LA had one of the worst (so they beat us with misdirection while we ran straight into bear fronts). But with Irving out the door, Woods and Collins set to be 2020 FAs, and one of the deepest DT classes in memory on the horizon, it’s certainly not the wrong time to draft one

Come on guys,  Marinelli is not the problem. Yea, he doesn't like a true NT. The bottom line is the same top 5 vaunted D had there ***** kicked, then handed to 'em, and had the ball ran down there throats. Scheme or not.....NT or no NT...... 273 rushing yards means you got out physicaled (is that a word).and man handled. Last I checked RM wasn't on field last night.

4 hours ago, atran35 said:

Uhhhhhhhh...PLAN and several of us was calling for HANKINS or a true NT to be added for YEARS. While Wade was here I wanted us to add Shaun Rogers at one point. Last year Collins was playing NT and getting killed at the point of attack. They finally move him over to play DT and let Woods/Ross combo at NT. 

That’s pretty irrelevant to the fact that Woods played fantastic football as a 1T this year, though.

By the way, it seems like Hankins is always available. Maybe there’s a reason...

Archived