T.O. Was Not The Problem.

DaBoys

On 1/13/2019 at 4:54 AM, DaBoys said:

When we released T.O. we were supposed to championship.

After all these years, it turns out T.O. was not the problem.

Discuss 

I think most fans knew that. T.O. wasn't the problem and neither was Dez. The main problem is Jerry Jones. Imagine T.O. on that 09 team when Miles Austin broke out. Imagine if he went after Boldin (Cards only wanted a 2nd) instead of trading a 1st & 3rd for Roy Williams.

His inability to do what is necessary to find the right coach is the biggest problem though. He stuck with Wade Phillips for way too long and now Jason Garrett. Garrett should've been fired years ago and it looks like he will get an extension.

I also believe the team has been caught in a young/old cycle for far too long. That is, too many veteran players with inflated contracts that were past their prime and living on reputation rather than production paired with too many young guys that just were not acclimated to the speed or endurance of a full NFL season.

At one point it was our LB's were too slow, then one year the Giants beat our DB's like a drum and we drafted 3 DB's that year, expecting that to fix our "only problem". 

This is the first time in a long time I can honestly say we are fairly balanced youth wise on both offense and defense.

I fully expect Lee to move on (LB coach PLEASE), as well as Irving and possibly some other veterans.

But our youth played well during the 2nd half of the season. Add a few FA's in key spots (S, TE, DT) and then draft BPA and we should be right back at it next year.

let’s compare the loss of TO to the loss of Dez.  We lose TO and go to the playoffs the very next year.  We lose Dez and the team goes 3-5 until we bring in Coop.  I still say good riddance to bad trash with TO.

Dak is the anti TO.  TO was a great player with a terrible attitude.  Dak is a fair player with a great attitude.  I couldn’t stand TO and was forced to cheer for him but always felt dirty about it.  Dak is just the opposite... I really like Dak, want him to succeed, want to cheer for him but get frustrated with his play.  Then, I feel bad that I can’t blindly support the guy.  

Archived