Sign in to follow this  
buno67

Kitchens' Cabinet Tracker (Browns coaching staff is Complete. The Cabinet is full stocked!!!)

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Totally agree, it isnt good optics for Collins.

Working on another Mock.....and I am under a new impression......I read an article last week about the composition of the WR corps, essentially it went into how it could be a better way to spend resources then making a late round WR pick, IF we resign Breshard Perriman (which I desperately want to happen) and with Derrick Willies coming back healthy and having drafted two WR's last year (I'm still want to see what the kid we drafted in the 6th round can do)....along with Higgins coming into his own....coupled with Duke Johnson being as good as most Slot receivers and Njoku's continued maturity.....we have a lot of receiving options moving forward...and a great coach developing them. 

Now this article also said the Browns couldn't ignore a #1 wr type talent being available in round 2 or 3 (Mentioned DK Metcalf or AJ Brown in round 2...wont happen IMO) which I also agree with.

Now this makes me come to the Collins situation......he had a pretty good year stat wise last year. He is still supremely athletic, and has Playoff and SB experience....so there is reason to keep him....at the same time, we have some BIG deals coming up in the next couple of years...a #1 QB....a Von Miller/Khalil Mack type Pass Rusher.....and a #1 Shutdown CB....f5ee2d34f5013d8c43a5c63be3bce4c1.jpg

So we are going to need some flexibility.......cutting Collins now would be a move to facilitate cash 2 years from now when Garret will be due an extension...I see us a possible playoff team next year, but maybe not a SB contender unless we get the EXACT opposite Luck of the Browns for a season, so technically that make a run to a SB experience wont matter next year per say.....but with 11 draft picks this year...I am thinking Cut Collins and go ahead and completely reconstruct that LB corps THIS year.....my Mock draft update will reflect this new mindset.....

How does everyone else feel about The Curious Case of Jamie Collins?

the-curious-case-of-benjamin-button-stil 

6 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

How does everyone else feel about The Curious Case of Jamie Collins?

Belichick let him go.

That's all I need to know.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Belichick let him go.

That's all I need to know.

He also let chandler jones go. So...

23 hours ago, buno67 said:

Now can he bring in Davis to tutor our LBs?

I’d rather he just teach them to tackle. 

29 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He also let chandler jones go. So...

Couldn't afford to keep him, didn't need him and got a good haul.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Couldn't afford to keep him, didn't need him and got a good haul.

The Chandler jones trade wasnt that great they only got a 2nd. They win more superbowls with him than without him imo.

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The Chandler jones trade wasnt that great they only got a 2nd. They win more superbowls with him than without him imo.

Obviously they’re better with him, but as @bruceb pointed out, they couldn’t afford him (or didn’t think he was worth the massive deal).

Spending a 20 something pick on a player, getting 4 years of production and recouping a 2nd isn’t a terrible investment tbh.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Obviously they’re better with him, but as @bruceb pointed out, they couldn’t afford him (or didn’t think he was worth the massive deal).

They got it wrong, they probably could of afforded qhat the cards paid for the 1st 3 years around 10 million per year, also they over pay the bottom of their roster  matt Slater gets 3 million per year, he could of one for 2 million less. 

Van noy could of got less. I think the reason they ddint keep him is he wanted market value and he wasnt all in on the patriots way. 

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Spending a 20 something pick on a player, getting 4 years of production and recouping a 2nd isn’t a terrible investment tbh.

I agree generally, they certainly nailed Collins' value.

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just an article explaining how much our special teams sucked. I never understood why we were so over aggressive on kickoffs.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/20/returning-kickoffs-out-of-the-end-zone-was-a-bad-idea-for-the-browns/

especially when we hant had a good kick return in years it seems. 

I cant remember a KR TD since cribbs.

59 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just an article explaining how much our special teams sucked. I never understood why we were so over aggressive on kickoffs.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/20/returning-kickoffs-out-of-the-end-zone-was-a-bad-idea-for-the-browns/

I just want us to take every touch back and fair catch every punt. I’m so sick of ST penalties. Just let baker get the ball and get us yards. We need to be as conservative as possible. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I just want us to take every touch back and fair catch every punt. I’m so sick of ST penalties. Just let baker get the ball and get us yards. We need to be as conservative as possible. 

also Peppers is so average as a returner it is redundant having him return anything, why risk one of your better and improving defenders when there is probably someone on the street who could do the same job as well or nearly as well. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

especially when we hant had a good kick return in years it seems. 

I cant remember a KR TD since cribbs.

Has there even been one since Cribbs? 

4 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I honestly cant recall.

Matt dayes had a 50 yarder, I dont think peppers has had that. 

Really cant remember the last ko return td 

5 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Travis Benjamin had a few.