Chargers vs Patriots: Divisional Round

bomont

Chargers are the better and more talented team in almost every way.  Not to mention they can get to Brady with just Ingram and Bosa.

But the Patriots are at home.  So I really don't know.  I'm rooting for the Chargers though, not really because I hate the Pats but because I'd love to see Rivers win one before he retires.

The Pats are deadly in the playoffs, even when on paper they don't look so amazing.  We see it every year.  And the Chargers IMO have largely been underwhelming this year, Rivers in particular has looked shaky at the end of the year.  If they'd had a season like the Chiefs or Rams I would say maybe, but not this team.

Chargers are the more talented and balanced team.   They are also battle tested on the road and have won a bunch of early 1 PM ET games.   

Pats are the more experienced and well-coached team (DC Bradley great but hard to say BB doesn’t get the edge).  And have HFA and the bye.  

I’m going with the Chargers but it should be a great game.   Can’t wait for this yesterday was disappointing they weren’t closer.  

If the Pats win handily it reinforces how much HFA and experience matters.   

If the Chargers win handily  it reinforces how bad the AFCE was this year.  That one MIA W was still an outlier with the fluke play.   

I expect this to be close but should be entertaining esp with the 20 degree weather.  Nothing for northern  east coast teams but a good character test for the SoCal team.  

Archived