NFC Championship Game - @ Saints

RamRod

Competition is a part of it.

In games he played, it was either playoff team (Bears, Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers) or top 8 pick (Arizona x2, Oakland, Detroit, SF). No real in between.

Games without Talib: Vikings, Hawks x2, Broncos, SF, GB, Saints, KC

55 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Competition is a part of it.

In games he played, it was either playoff team (Bears, Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers) or top 8 pick (Arizona x2, Oakland, Detroit, SF). No real in between.

Games without Talib: Vikings, Hawks x2, Broncos, SF, GB, Saints, KC

Yeah I agree KC and the saints change the results a little bit. However I can tell from just a eye test that we play better when he is around. Seems like he shuts down his side of the field pretty effectively. Not to mention that tackle on Zeke was clutch.

Im so looking forward to this game. This game is going to be a one possession game and its going to come down to which team can make the play or handful of plays in key spots to win. In Week 9 the Rams didnt make those plays. A failed 4th and 1 on a fake fg (the refs got the wrong call but thats neither here nor there), Zeurlein missing a fg, and then Peters not being set and gave up a big td to Thomas late in the game. As someone pointed out, the series before, the refs missed a facemask call that happened to Kupp and the Rams ended up punting the ball.

I think this game what Im intrigued with is Talib coming back and the addition of Anderson. Not to mention the subtraction of the Saints best run defender in Rankins. Then you add the revenge factor by Peters. I just found this out but Peters havent allowed a td pass since Week 9 against the Saints by Thomas on that 70+yd catch and run. So talk about motivation. Since that play, Peters has 2ints no tds given up and has allowed a QB rating of 66. So you dont think he will be ready? Talib being the x-factor because his build and style of play plus vet and experience in what Wade wants to do is going to help slow down Thomas. Plus the Rams on defense is way better with Talib on the field.

The Rams running attack I believe will show up. The thing that didnt happen in Week 9 was when Gurley wasnt on the field, especially on that drive the Rams had that fake fg on 4th and 1 (Gurley left because he had something in his eye from the turf), the Rams didnt run the ball. Now they have Anderson so when Gurley is not on the field they can confidently hand it off to Anderson to help keep things going. I believe that particular drive changed things because the Rams was moving the ball on the Saints then Gurley got something in his eye and left the field in which the drive stalled and the Rams ended up getting no points. So things will be different knowing that its Gurley and Anderson rather than just Gurley. 

Both fan base should be confident about their team winning. I can see either team winning this game. Again its going to come down to which team can make that play or handful of plays in key spots to win. One thing Ill be looking out for is if the Rams have a lead in the 4th quarter. They havent lost a game all season long when they have a lead in the 4th quarter. I know some dont like to hear comments like that, but what it shows me is that the Rams are well-coached that if they have a lead in the 4th quarter, they know how to finish. 

3 hours ago, LARams91 said:

Pardon My Take picked this up on their podcast as well (at least brought up the unbalanced record figures). Getting some push!

As was pointed out earlier, the NFL will never say they are wrong or change the assignment. BUT maybe all this media attention gets in Vinovich's and his Crew's heads alittle bit, and maybe we get an early call or two so they can "prove" they are unbiased. I doubt it would be a whole game thing, but if there is a questionable PI or Roughing the Passer scenario, maybe it breaks our way in the 1st Quarter...

Its the NFC championship, ill take whatever little edge we can get

25 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

I can almost guarantee Marcus Peters is getting a double move on the first drive. He's going to be playing so emotional

Which is exactly why A) he wont be on Michael Thomas and B) we will have someone over the top to safe guard against that

Hopefully we are actually baiting that throw very deep, where Brees looked alittle shaky last week, for an early turnover on an under throw

Archived