Should the Steelers get rid of Antonio Brown?

AlNFL19

Antonio Brown  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Steelers get rid of Brown?

• Yes
    • No

He's become a distraction and I don't think he's going to be worth it. Smith-Schuster out-produced him in receptions and yards, and he makes $656K to Brown's $16M. Brown was also the target of 11 interceptions - getting rid of him could help Roethlisberger limit the turnovers and throw the ball away instead of tossing it up too much. Getting rid of that albatross contract will be hard, but I'd do it if I were the Steelers.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

37 million over 3 years for a #1 WR is a good deal.

That’s a steal. But I fear he’ll want to renegotiate ASAP. Also, LOL what E Sanders said about Ben. Zero doubt in my mind that it’s Ben with the Ego. AB is a diva zero doubt, but Ben is that creep. 

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I don’t think he’s a viable trade target with that contract. It’d cost the Steelers too much money to get rid of him.

It's going to cost them $22 million with him on the roster and 21 if they trade him. Shouldn't be a factor if they want to deal him and it sounds like they do.

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's going to cost them $22 million with him on the roster and 21 if they trade him. Shouldn't be a factor if they want to deal him and it sounds like they do.

My understanding is they take on a massive dead cap hit if he’s dealt. 

For a team with only ~$12M in cap space, why would you pay one of the best players in the league +$20M to not play for you?

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

My understanding is they take on a massive dead cap hit if he’s dealt. 

For a team with only ~$12M in cap space, why would you pay one of the best players in the league +$20M to not play for you?

But the dead cap is cancelled out by the money they dump. They aren't underwater on the deal, if they trade him before the roster bonus kicks in. Once that does, they can wait until June and spread it. The dead money isn't an issue

They've already paid him the money that's dead

35 minutes ago, El ramster said:

That’s a steal. But I fear he’ll want to renegotiate ASAP. Also, LOL what E Sanders said about Ben. Zero doubt in my mind that it’s Ben with the Ego. AB is a diva zero doubt, but Ben is that creep. 

As a fan of a team that will no doubt be involved in talks, that is my fear as well

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

But the dead cap is cancelled out by the money they dump. They aren't underwater on the deal, if they trade him before the roster bonus kicks in. Once that does, they can wait until June and spread it. The dead money isn't an issue

They've already paid him the money that's dead

That’s the point - they save virtually nothing by dumping him, AFAIK. 

Why carry a massive cap charge for an elite player that doesn’t play for you?

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

As a fan of a team that will no doubt be involved in talks, that is my fear as well

Which is ok because you have the money. But AB is severely underpaid. But a few factors matter. Is he about the money or team success? 

The fact that he didn't play really blows my mind. How much would he want? More than Julio-Odell? Which he deserves.

Can he handle another WR get some shine? He took plenty of jabs towards Juju this year. Could he beat the double moving forward? 
He is aging. 

Archived