Trades Trades TRADES

Nickpeloso17

For this mock I'm including plenty of trades, but I'll skip the part where I get destroyed for having 'team A trading too little/much to team B' and whatnot. So trade compensation won't be included yet, but I keep the trades realistic. Recent teams trends will be considered, along with the occasional surprise we're sure to see on draft day.

1. Arizona Cardinals: Nick Bosa, DE Ohio State

With the Cardinals winning only 3 games last season, a brand new coaching staff, and a GM on the hot seat, they shouldn't overthink this one. Bosa is "Saquon Barkley" of this draft, the unanimous best player available. Pairing him with Chandler Jones will create one of the more dangerous pass rushing duos in the league from day one. Offensive Line can be dealt with in the following rounds if not in free agency, no need to reach for Jonah Williams here.

2. *Jacksonville Jaguars: Dwayne Haskins, QB Ohio State

Like him or not, he's the drafts top QB prospect. The Blake Bortles experiment has come to an end, and Jacksonville will likely have to trade up to jump the Giants and any other team in search for a signal caller. Haskins has the size you like in an NFL QB, and a year behind a veteran like Joe Flacco could do him wonders. San Francisco could use the extra picks in a trade down as they look to finish up their rebuild, something Lynch and company are used to doing on draft day.

3. New York Jets: Josh Allen, DE Kentucky

Welcoming the second Josh Allen to the AFC East, this is a fairly easy pick for the Jets. Allen exploded this season for Kentucky after making the smart choice to stay in school and raise his draft stock. The Jets need an edge rusher as bad as anyone, so this pick will likely come down to either Allen if available, Ferrell, or possibly Jonah Williams.

4. Oakland Raiders: Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

DT isn't necessarily the biggest need on this Raiders defense, but this unit could use help pretty much anywhere. Williams could be the second best prospect in this draft, so new GM Mike Mayock could be inclined to pick the big man out of Alabama to pair with Maurice Hurst on the interior. With two other picks in the first round, replacing Kahlil Mack can be a target for them after seeing Josh Allen go a pick prior.

5. *Denver Broncos: Kyler Murray, QB Oklahoma

Murray is the most polarizing player in this draft without question. Will he play baseball instead? Is he too small to be an NFL QB? His immense talent should trump all these concerns, and at the end of the day, he should (and probably will be) a top 10 pick. Denver has to trade up ahead of the Giants to get their future signal caller, something they should be open to. Keenum isn't an elite option, and if they are able to make the Antonio Brown trade they've been rumored to be interested in, it's hard not to be excited about a Murray/Brown/Lindsay trio.

6. New York Giants: Jonah Williams, OT Alabama

Whether they need a QB or not, whoever is back there will continue to get killed behind this line. Solder and Hernandez were good additions last season, but it doesn't end there. Williams is the top offensive lineman available, and he's versatile enough to play wherever the Giants need him. With a stacked QB class coming next season, one more year with Eli leading the way is likely what they'll have to deal with given the Jaguars and Broncos trades.

7. San Francisco 49ers (via JAX): Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson

This seems like a win-win for the 49ers, getting to trade down while also getting an edge rusher they desperately need. Ferrell dominated the college game and came up big against the toughest competition in the national championship game. All the defensive line selections they made in previous drafts will finally start to pay off as San Francisco has a lot of work to do getting to Wilson, Goff, and Rosen within the division.

8. Detroit Lions: Greedy Williams, CB LSU

A defensive lineman could be tempting in a draft full of them, but the opportunity to add a top-level talent across Darius Slay is too good to pass up. Corner may not be the biggest need on this defense, but at some point you have to take the BPA and hope it works out. Seeing Adams/Theilen/Diggs/Robinson and company having their way with this defense six times a year makes this pick almost necessary.

9. Buffalo Bills: Jawaan Taylor, OT Florida

Whether Lesean McCoy is in this teams long term plans or not, what he's been saying all year is true - Buffalo NEEDS offensive line help. Taylor might seem like a bit of a reach at ninth overall, come draft time, offensive lineman are always picked early. Franchise QB Josh Allen was running for his life this season, so he should agree that this is a position that needs help. Taylor should start out at RT before making the transition to LT later on.

10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via DEN): Byron Murphy, CB Washington

If there's one thing we learned from Tampa this season, it's that they need secondary help, bad. Passing on Derwin James (twice) in last years draft came back to haunt them multiple times last season, and we saw them get dominated too many times last season (that Bears loss comes to mind right away). They did spend two 2nd round picks on corners last year, but you can never have too many young options in the secondary.

11. *Atlanta Falcons: Ed Oliver, DT Houston

Oliver came into the season as a potential top 3 pick, but he's slid a bit since then for every reason other than his play. Atlanta sees his mini slide and decides to pounce on the opportunity, while not having to give up too much to do so (only trading up three spots). Adding Oliver to a group that already has Jarrett/Beasley/McKinnley could be just what this defense needs to get back to the super bowl. Jumping teams like Green Bay and Miami make this a necessary move if they want him. Cincinnati is a willing trade partner with a roster void of any huge needs.

12. Green Bay Packers: Rashan Gary, DE Michigan

Much like many of the teams above them, Green Bay is desperate for a pass rusher. Gary fits the bill here perfectly. Nick Perry has regressed in recent seasons, and in the game today, you need a disruptive pass rush to be a winning football team. The temptation to trade up is there with two first round picks at their disposal, but the Green Bay thing to do is to take a more conservative approach and stay put here.

13. Miami Dolphins: Christian Wilkins, DT Clemson

This rushing defense has been a problem for a couple years now, and if they don't trade up for a QB, Wilkins is a logical fit. Much like Ferrell, Wilkins dominated this season all the way through, and should be one of THREE Clemson defensive lineman selected in the opening round. The offense can be worked on nearly the rest of the way, with a stable defense already in place following this pick.

14. Cincinnati Bengals (via ATL): Devin White, ILB LSU

Much like the 49ers, this is a win-win in a trade down. White is likely the player they wanted all along. Vontaze Burfict has been great, but his concussions and penalty problems likely mean the end is near, at least with the Bengals. White is an explosive athlete that can take over right away in almost any defense.

15. Washington Redskins: Deionte Thompson, S Alabama

As if Washington didn't have enough former Alabama defenders, they're happy to take another one here. Clinton-Dix is a free agent who may or may not be resigned, and Swearinger was surprisingly released not too long ago. Thompson, who just recently declared for the draft, could be enticing here as this team tries to figure themselves out and continue to build on a defense that showed up throughout most of the season. They will be one of the many teams interested in trading up for Haskins or Murray, but their 6-3 start to the season seemingly put them outside of preferable trade-down range.

16. Carolina Panthers: Brian Burns, DE Florida State

Carolina fell apart the second half of the season, partially due to a defense that really couldn't stop anyone. It all started against Pittsburgh, where they surrendered over 50 points in an embarrassing TNF loss. Julius Peppers is nearing the end of his career, so they can take their pick here of whichever edge rusher is available. Here, they elect to go with Florida State's Brian Burns, a good fit who will be asked a lot of early on.

17. Cleveland Browns: Raekwon Davis, DT Alabama

It seems like ages since we've seen the Browns pick outside of the top 10, and even longer since we've seen a Browns team without any obvious needs. After building the coaching staff around Baker Mayfield and the offense, the draft will likely trend in the defensive direction. Adding a big body like Davis to a line that already has Garrett/Ogunjobi/Ogbah could be big for this young team. Stopping the run is something the Browns could be focused on after an improved 2018.

18. Minnesota Vikings: Cody Ford, OL Oklahoma

I'll give a dollar to anyone that can find a mock draft that doesn't have the Vikings taking an offensive lineman in the first round. This Vikings offense is full of all-stars across the board, but poor offensive line play once again held this team back from being one of the leagues best. Ford is arguably the most versatile lineman this draft has to offer, which is good news for Minnesota. He'll likely earn one of the starting guard spots early on.

19. Tennessee Titans: Montez Sweat, OLB Mississippi State

Tennessee made an impressive jump in the right direction in 2018, solidifying themselves as a top defense and borderline playoff contender. Something they'll need next season, especially with Brian Orakpo retiring, is more help in the front seven. Sweat will likely be used as more of an edge rusher, something the Titans could obviously use more of if they want to compete with one of the more competitive divisions in the NFL.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Deandre Baker, CB Georgia

It's no secret that the Steelers need more bodies in the secondary. Artie Burns has turned out to be a bust, and Joe Haden isn't getting any younger. We all saw how they got carved up in big games against top AFC competition (Chargers, Chiefs most notably) and if they want to stay in the yearly playoff race, every part of the secondary needs a hard look. Baker was one of Georgia's best defensive players the last couple of seasons on a team full of NFL talent.

21. *Oakland Raiders: DK Metkalf, WR Ole Miss

I understand that the Raiders are looking to add more picks rather than trade some away, but their abundance of first rounders makes some of their later round picks more expendable. Oakland sees Metkalf surprisingly still available, and with a team like Baltimore (and Seattle) likely in the market for a WR, they jump up a few spots to secure their guy. Metkalf seems to be head and shoulders above the other WR's in this draft, and with Seattle in need of draft picks, they're happy to trade down.

22. Baltimore Ravens: Jachai Polite, DE Florida

Baltimore to me is a more successful version of the Carolina Panthers. More weapons on offense would be nice, but a good defense with aging pass rushers is one of the bigger problems. Enter Polite, who can rotate in until Suggs retires, and take on a bigger role after. This seems to be a good value pick this late in the first round for first year GM Eric DeCosta.

23. Houston Texans: Greg Little, OT Ole Miss

I'll extend my Vikings comment here, too. Houston desperately needs offensive line help as bad as anyone. Deshaun Watson got sacked a league high 3.8 times per game, a stat that has to improve if they want to keep Deshaun Watson on the field. They saw how successful Indianapolis was when they focused on the offensive line early, so following that blueprint would be a smart move. I don't expect the o-line makeover to finished in round one, either.

24. Seattle Seahawks (via OAK): N'Keal Harry, WR Arizona State

The trade with Oakland end up being a WR for WR trade. Seattle doesn't have many glaring needs following another playoff appearance, but getting Wilson more targets should be a priority. Baldwin dealt with numerous injuries all season, and who knows if that will carry over to 2019. Lockett is a nice option as well, but they need that jump ball, physical freak weapon that Harry is. Getting the running game on track was a good sign, so adding a potent passing attack could make this team dangerous.

25. Philadelphia Eagles: David Edwards, OT Wisconsin

Offensive line may not be the biggest need for the Eagles, but Jason Peters is nearing the end of his career. The secondary will be a position the Eagles will be linked to often in the offseason, but keep in mind that those holes were due to an absurd amount of injuries, and the replacements didn't play too poorly given the circumstances. Defensive line could also be given a look here, but most of the top options are gone, and, something we seem to forget - there are six more rounds to deal with that.

26. Indianapolis Colts: Jeffery Simmons, DT Mississippi State

The Colts are another team that could go a number of directions with this pick, but much like Cleveland, they could use another body on that defensive line to aid the rush defense. We saw first hand how important defending the run is, watching them get dominated by Damien Williams in Kansas City. A few small improvements to the defense should have the Colts right back in the playoffs next season.

27. Oakland Raiders (via DAL): Zach Allen, DE Boston College

Oakland should be thrilled to see Allen still available, as DE is probably the most glaring need on this team. Adding Williams and Allen to one of the leagues worst defenses could do wonders in Jon Gruden's second year, rounding out a successful first day for Mike Mayock and company.

28. Los Angeles Chargers: Dexter Lawrence, DT Clemson

Suspension aside, Lawrence is one of the best DT's this class has to offer. Mebane is nearing the end of his career and may not be back with the team in 2019, and once again the rush defense was a problem for this defense, if they had one. The secondary and offense are already solid, so taking a monster in Lawrence could help close the gap with Kansas City in the AFC West.

29. New England Patriots: Drew Lock, QB Missouri

New England finally takes their QB of the future, with Missouri's Drew Lock getting the call over Daniel Jones or Will Grier. Tom Brady has been Tom Brady this season, especially in their playoff win over the Chargers, but in today's NFL, it's smart to take a QB before you necessarily need one. Having Lock sit behind Brady for a year (or two?) before taking over will make for as smooth of a transition as you can get. Teams in recent memory tend to trade up for QB's, but with New England not necessarily NEEDING a QB, they stay put and wait to see who falls to them. Dexter Lawrence or another DT could be in play here too if available, but most of the top options went a little earlier.

30. Los Angeles Rams: Noah Fant, TE Iowa

Fant is one of the best TE prospects we've seen in recent memory, and if there's anything LA could use on that offense, it's a security blanket for Jared Goff. The Rams haven't had a top TE in a while (if ever) and Fant seems to be just what this offense needs to take that next step.

31. Kansas City Chiefs: Trayvon Mullen, CB Clemson

The Chiefs explosive offense is so good behind Patrick Mahomes that it regularly leads to shootouts. Kendall Fuller was a good addition, but this secondary needs more if it wants to win games more comfortably. Mullens was a force at Clemson, and should quickly integrate himself into Bob Sutton's defense.

32. Green Bay Packers (via NO): Chris Lindstrom, OG Boston College

Aaron Rodgers had one of his 'worst' years in recent memory, which was due in large part to the protection in front of him. The guards are the weak part of an overall solid offensive roster, and outside of protecting Rodgers, Aaron Jones could use some help to open holes for him.

Meh for the 49ers. Would really depend on what was acquired in that trade down to make it worth it - in this draft, I don't think that there is a strong reason for them to be looking to move down unless they get a monster deal in return - particularly when they are passing up on Josh Allen. Ferrell is an equally meh selection. I don't think he's a weakside leo DE in this defense - I think he's a strong side defense end 5 tech, which is something that we have more than enough of. I also question whether or not he's a top 7 pick in this draft. I don't like him as much as others do. 

That being said, you nailed the need. There's no way that the 49ers should go anywhere other than edge lineman / pass rush in round 1, so that's good. It's just a difference in opinion on Ferrell. 

Im not against a move up for Q. Williams or Ed Oliver if the value is doable.   They are the 2 best DT in this draft to me and 2 guys i would love to be a falcon on draft day.  The only thing that i might hesitate on is if they ask for a 2nd round pick as value i wouldn't do it and would just take Simmons at 14 as i think he is right there with both of them just a little step down but now enough for me to worry about.    On the other hand i wouldn't be against as trade down to take Wilkins or Lawrence either as they would both be great in a falcons uni and we are known to go after Clemson D-lineman. 

I sorta want this to happen the most come draft day if  both williams DT and OT,  Oliver, Clelin Ferrel, or Simmons doesn't fall to us at 14.   If we can't come away with any of those guys then trade down pick up a 2nd round pick and take one of the Clemson DT's.    My very last option would be taking Gary at 14 just not sold on him to much.

Like it for the Bengals.  Best player at one of our biggest needs.  

39 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im not against a move up for Q. Williams or Ed Oliver if the value is doable.   They are the 2 best DT in this draft to me and 2 guys i would love to be a falcon on draft day.  The only thing that i might hesitate on is if they ask for a 2nd round pick as value i wouldn't do it and would just take Simmons at 14 as i think he is right there with both of them just a little step down but now enough for me to worry about.    

Pretty sure that moving down would cost a third round pick, or a swap of picks, say your second for our third, or something along those lines.  Last year we dropped about ten spots for Cordy Glenn, so maybe a player for the slide back could be in play as well. (I'm sure we'd take Julio in that swap, if offered).   A starting lineman or LB would probably do it, TBH

lol we will give you vic beasley + Duke Riley and 14  or you can have any starting O-lineman besides mack and matthews.     But nah a 3rd is fair value i wouldn't complain about that  or even a swap of picks our 2nd for your 3rd is pretty fair as well i wouldn't complain about that either.

15 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

If John Elway picked Kyler Murray at 5, he would be fired before the 1st night of the draft was over.

Well, I don't agree with you....I do not think he will trade up, but I would be very happy with Murray in Denver

6 hours ago, Counselor said:

Also I don’t think Elway would take Kyler if he was there at 41. Doesn’t fit his mold of QB. 

Elway certainly has change a bit his ideas. Kubiak leaving town  is a indication of that. I could see Murray at 10 the same way I can see Lock at 10 or passing a QB at 10 and making a move for Grier later.

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

Well, I don't agree with you....I do not think he will trade up, but I would be very happy with Murray in Denver

Elway certainly has change a bit his ideas. Kubiak leaving town  is a indication of that. I could see Murray at 10 the same way I can see Lock at 10 or passing a QB at 10 and making a move for Grier later.

I like Kyler. But not trading up to 5 kind of like. Also you are comparing apples to oranges. Just because Kubiak is leaving town does not mean he has changed his philosophy on QBs. 

Archived