Who are your favorite broadcasters right now?

AlNFL19

6 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

It's funny Bernie Kosar used to call Browns preseason games with the same type of content/analysis we see with Tony Romo, but he slurred his words and ripped Kellen Clemens a new one and was not on the preseason broadcast team the next year.

You're not really allowed to rip anybody any more, no matter how spot on it is, in this politically correct obsessed world.

I personally don't get all of the love Romo this season. He was great last year as breath of fresh air but they have muzzled him alot this year and he appears to be going down the same line as most do. Which is playing "yes man" in order to appease the networks and sponsors -- AKA he didn't predict play-calls nearly as much as did. 

He was still pretty informative but last year you could hear and literally sense his passion in his voice for the game and not so much this year. 

Crazy to see so many Romo fans.  The guy really gets on my nerves already, 1 year into his "career" as a broadcaster.  Hopefully he'll get better, 'cause it seems like he's sticking around for a while...but man it's annoying listening to him call games.  At first i thought, hey...this is kinda cool...he's actually trying to be insightful and stuff.  But it grows old about a couple games in, and just becomes annoying speculating about what's about to happen, rather than actually commentating on the game.  He's like some ****ed up gambler in the booth trying to win chips by calling plays before they happen and it's irritating.

Archived