AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Chiefs

DigInBoys

38 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know many people here don't agree, but I don't like the overtime rules.  Both teams should get a chance to touch the football.  I'm not sure how I would change it, but it needs to change at least for the playoffs. 

I think that's overall a good idea. Give both teams a chance to score and keep it limited to 15 minutes for the regular season. You probably end up with more draws, but would that really be a problem? I don't think so. You definitely would get the positive, that a game like yesterday, doesn't get decided due to a 50:50 coin toss. Let each team get a chance to score in OT. There could be a few games, that could be turning out to be very long, but i think it's better to risk that, than to lose an entire season the way we did yesterday.

For the game itself. I'm just disappointed. I Can't say anything else. That Dee Ford penalty can't happen and he probably has a tough time coming up, but i don't have much hard feelings against him. **** happens. Hopefully we fire Sutton and reinvent our Defense. The players are to good to be on such a weak defense. We need to fix it this offseason.

3 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Doesn't it get BORING being a Patriots fan? SB's are almost seen as a birthright. Do you even enjoy winning?

Dunno, I enjoy it about as much as you enjoy ****posting about the Patriots. I mean, seriously, out of your last 15 post a whopping 2 (13.3 %) were not about bashing the Patriots or their fanbase, which is quite pathetic.

13 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

Outside of the SB... was this the best win of Brady's career? 

Tough to say. It's probably up there, but there's so many of them now (without trying to sound arrogant). I'd have some of the comeback ones, or even the JAX game last year up there. 

I'm a 60 year old Pats fan and have three boys in their 20s. I shake my head listing to them when the Pats win. It's no big deal!!! Well to me it still is thrilling.  My favorite player was Nick Bonticonti (60s) and our owner had him shipped off to Miami !!!!!!!

Pats were so bad Plunkett quit football for a couple of years. We had truck driver and Mail man playing OL and he was beaten so bad you almost cried !!! My kids see it as no big deal, matter of fact they didn't watch the  whole game.

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not sure what the edit is, but fantastic game. Chiefs crapped the bed the first half offensively. Second half was way better but we couldn’t pull it off. I believe that the coin toss determined the game in the end. Either offense would’ve marched down the field. 

The evil empire/dynasty won tonight. I can only hope that Mahomes will continue to grow and our defense will improve. In Veach we trust (though I personally do not/worry).

Good game man. Very entertaining (and nerve-wracking). Like I told one of my employees who is from KC, just let us win one more and you guys can dominate the league for the next decade. If your team gets an even semi-competent defense, the Chiefs are the SB favorites next season

10 hours ago, Edge said:

I think that's overall a good idea. Give both teams a chance to score and keep it limited to 15 minutes for the regular season. You probably end up with more draws, but would that really be a problem? I don't think so. You definitely would get the positive, that a game like yesterday, doesn't get decided due to a 50:50 coin toss. Let each team get a chance to score in OT. There could be a few games, that could be turning out to be very long, but i think it's better to risk that, than to lose an entire season the way we did yesterday.

For the game itself. I'm just disappointed. I Can't say anything else. That Dee Ford penalty can't happen and he probably has a tough time coming up, but i don't have much hard feelings against him. **** happens. Hopefully we fire Sutton and reinvent our Defense. The players are to good to be on such a weak defense. We need to fix it this offseason.

They did not lose that game due to a coin toss.  Believing that totally ignores the fact that they allowed the Patriots to convert on 3rd and 10 THREE times. Not once. Not twice. THREE times. They had 3 opportunities to prevent that touchdown and either limit the Pats to 3 points or even prevent all scoring chances. They didn't. THAT is what caused them to lose that game. 

With that said, I am also on board with the 'both teams touch the ball' and fail to understand why a rule that was made literally on the fly, in under 2 minutes, over 50 years ago still stands without any further discussion. 

9 hours ago, m haynes said:

I'm a 60 year old Pats fan and have three boys in their 20s. I shake my head listing to them when the Pats win. It's no big deal!!! Well to me it still is thrilling.  My favorite player was Nick Bonticonti (60s) and our owner had him shipped off to Miami !!!!!!!

Pats were so bad Plunkett quit football for a couple of years. We had truck driver and Mail man playing OL and he was beaten so bad you almost cried !!! My kids see it as no big deal, matter of fact they didn't watch the  whole game.

There have been some dark, dark decades in Pats history.  Those of us that were around for those, appreciate this past 15 years and know without a shadow of a doubt, the time will come when this current dynasty come to an end.  I'm just trying to enjoy as much of it as possible until that day comes.  Remember when we couldn't even watch the games on tv because they wouldn't sell out? Ugh. Painful. 

Archived