Conference Championship Games

Leader

31 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Apparently so people know things are jokes, sarcastic, etc. I'm not calling out Dubz or anything though, more of a side convo. Just noting that I think part of the fun is realizing the joke, and green text removes that amusing aspect.

Understood. Was just asking about the green text stuff.

I say something (hopefully...) thats humorous, I put a :) after it.

7 hours ago, Kepler said:

Woah woah woah.... I'm honestly as settled as can be. Perhaps it read as a hysterical voice in your head, but I was being tongue in cheek and I absolutely refuse to use green text because it ruins jokes. Green text is hand holding imo.

Sorry, the 'settle down' wasn't @ you. Just in general.  Maybe I should have used orange text?!?

On 1/23/2019 at 12:19 PM, Leader said:

Unless they're willing to reduce a fast played / violent game to a replay infested, slow motion caricature of itself - the phrase "it happens" needs to enter into the dialog. Human error exists ALL OVER a football field. From those on the sidelines - to the players on the field - and yes - to the referees.

It happens.

Oh FFS, a blindfolded Sandra Bullock could've seen that clear-as-day interference and the ref was right there. Spare me this "the refs are human", there was 0 reason that play shouldn't have been flagged. 

4 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Oh FFS, a blindfolded Sandra Bullock could've seen that clear-as-day interference and the ref was right there. Spare me this "the refs are human", there was 0 reason that play shouldn't have been flagged. 

Dude. Chill out. I've not once said a penalty flag shouldnt have been thrown. 
Have never thought it - which results in - have never typed it.

Crazy this thread is still rolling cuz of officiating.

There has been a bunch of noise in my news feeds regarding a “California Connection” to several of the refs from the crew that blew the uncalled PI against New Orleans.

Surely here or somewhere else Hanlon’s Razor has been invoked to caution people from reading too much into this situation? It says, ”Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”

Perhaps the cause was not the mob. It wasn’t favoritism either, perhaps. Of the hundreds of bad calls/non-calls in a season maybe a small percentage of them are so bad that they defy explanation, other than the fact that those making the horrible calls belong to the same species as me, and once every year or two I bite my own finger while eating. You can ask me why, but I got nothing. 

The tiresome conspiracy now brewing is more easily explained: clicks = cash and the media is a soulless, morally untethered exploiter of people who bite themselves while eating.

Archived