Drew Brees, Mark Ingram, Adrian Peterson, Cam Jordan expected to play vs Texans

Dome

The New Orleans Saints rested four of their biggest stars in the first two preseason game this summer, but coach Sean Payton indicated that could change in Saturday's exhibition against the Houston Texans. 

Quarterback Drew Brees, defensive end Cameron Jordan and running backs Mark Ingram and Adrian Peterson did not play against the Cleveland Browns or Los Angeles Chargers. Payton said the coaches haven't met yet to determine roles for the third preseason game, but it sounds likely the stars will play.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/08/saints_drew_brees_preseason.html#incart_river_index

Yeah, let 'em knock the rust off in preseason and get some chemistry going. Game snaps are sooooo different than practice.

With the young stable of WR's and a few new RB's, this offense needs game time before the Monday Night opener.

4 hours ago, NS922 said:

The Texans' defense is much better to practice against than our own.....

Been practicing aganist them all week... Dont see the need to risk further potential injury to them in a game that means absolutely squat. Like I said eariler... Im not a believer in the old "knock off the rust" stuff. Preseason games or not the first 2 weeks of the season is almost unwatchable anyways

15 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Been practicing aganist them all week... Dont see the need to risk further potential injury to them in a game that means absolutely squat. Like I said eariler... Im not a believer in the old "knock off the rust" stuff. Preseason games or not the first 2 weeks of the season is almost unwatchable anyways

Worm, we're going to have to agree to disagree. There is NO substitute for a real game, and practice is just that. There are no game day jitters in practice. In a game, you don't get do-overs, the speed changes, the attitude changes, and the prize at the end changes. In practice, you just mosey to the sideline and hit the showers. Big deal......

Being afraid of injury is not something you shelf. Injuries happen, and I'd rather the guys be in shape by slow implementation before they're expected to churn out 4 quarter. Asking a guy to go from zero to 100 in game 1 is how you get injuries.

And before someone points out guys like Julian Eddleman, or OBJ being hurt in preseason, I'll happily point out the hundreds of guys that stay perfectly healthy!!

Now, I don't want the starters to play an entire preseason game, I'm not saying that. I do think a few series leading up to week 1 is absolutely vital to success.

6 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Worm, we're going to have to agree to disagree. There is NO substitute for a real game, and practice is just that. There are no game day jitters in practice. In a game, you don't get do-overs, the speed changes, the attitude changes, and the prize at the end changes. In practice, you just mosey to the sideline and hit the showers. Big deal......

Being afraid of injury is not something you shelf. Injuries happen, and I'd rather the guys be in shape by slow implementation before they're expected to churn out 4 quarter. Asking a guy to go from zero to 100 in game 1 is how you get injuries.

And before someone points out guys like Julian Eddleman, or OBJ being hurt in preseason, I'll happily point out the hundreds of guys that stay perfectly healthy!!

Now, I don't want the starters to play an entire preseason game, I'm not saying that. I do think a few series leading up to week 1 is absolutely vital to success.

Are you honestly calling these preseason games... REAL GAMES???

5 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Are you honestly calling these preseason games... REAL GAMES???

If that's how you want to shake it, yes. 

So let me ask, do injuries count if they're in "not real" games?

Seriously? You want to "stink" for the first few weeks so we can avoid a lightning in a bottle injury? Sounds like a scarcity issue to me.

Let me ask, when was the last time the Saints suffered an injury in preseason that had a major affect on the regular season?

On 8/27/2017 at 6:02 AM, whodatworm23 said:

Hope thats not bussniess as usual on offense...

Sure it is. It wasn't perfect, but they were playing a good defense (minus Watt). I get it Worm, you're the devil's advocate here but I'm feeling pretty positive so far about what our team is showing. I do agree that our O-Line could be the difference in whether this team succeeds or not. I really just hope our defense continues to play solidly

Archived