Browns hire Todd Monken for OC

pwny

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

I'd imagine the Browns offense is going to be really good next season, so this is a smart move for Monken's head-coaching stock next offseason.

Yeah I’d say he’ll be in Cleveland for 2 seasons before he’s got a HC gig somewhere and will probably have an interview or two next offseason.

14 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

This is even more exciting. He's excellent.

regarding Campen; excellent OL coach and he helped current Browns center JC Tretter develop into a starter
Also helped an under-powered 4th rounder in David Bahktiari become one of the top LT's in the game
great hire for the Browns, brings a ton of experience to assist Kitchens

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:
2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Yeah I’d say he’ll be in Cleveland for 2 seasons before he’s got a HC gig somewhere and will probably have an interview or two next offseason.

What makes you say that?

He interviewed in GB for our HC spot and was apparently the runner up. I think he interviewed elsewhere too, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him near the top of the list next year for HC spots

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Well they’re one of the top few teams in terms of cap space and going to open up another 10-15m this year with Collins and a couple other possible cuts (Carrie or tretter or a couple others are possibilities even though it’d be stupid). Probably resign Schobert and Randall this year. I highly doubt they sign any high ticket free agents. There’s not any issue with cap. 

Not yet. I'm saying going forward to have a dynasty like the Pats.  The Pats have stars however most of their players are 2nd level. They pay 4 players top money the rest no so much. Brady salary is cheap compare to other QBs. Baker might not except that type of contract.

I'm not saying it can't happen but management has to have BB mind set to make it work and so far no team has come close to maintain the excellence that the Pats have over what 20 years.  Here a list of great players BB got rid of

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/big-name-nfl-players-bill-belichick-sent-packing.html/

20 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Not yet. I'm saying going forward to have a dynasty like the Pats.  The Pats have stars however most of their players are 2nd level. They pay 4 players top money the rest no so much. Brady salary is cheap compare to other QBs. Baker might not except that type of contract.

I'm not saying it can't happen but management has to have BB mind set to make it work and so far no team has come close to maintain the excellence that the Pats have over what 20 years.  Here a list of great players BB got rid of

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/big-name-nfl-players-bill-belichick-sent-packing.html/

I agree with you. It’s a tall task but a lot of those players still played with the pats for a long time the shortest tenure between Mankins, McGinnest, Welker, Vrabel, ty law, and Bledsoe was 6 years. It’s possible to keep your core players over a period of time and shuffle them out for younger players one at a time. 

Archived