Colts sign 9 to Reserves/Futures contracts

Wyld Stallyns

tomorrow Phillip Walker will be cut and Tuesday Anthony Winbush will be cut to sign Phillip Walker 🤣🤣🤣

i am interested to know why Winbush has been listed as a DE all season and now is listed as LB. 🤔

Signed with the Raiders as an UDFA in 2015 spent time with Raiders, Ravens, Seahawks and in 2018 with Cardinals 

On 1/13/2019 at 5:16 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

tomorrow Phillip Walker will be cut and Tuesday Anthony Winbush will be cut to sign Phillip Walker 🤣🤣🤣

i am interested to know why Winbush has been listed as a DE all season and now is listed as LB. 🤔

So Ishmael and Hogan are returns...right? Glad to see Collins gets another shot. Must have shown the staff something. Thanks for taking the time to do this WS. 

2 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Do you think his time is done?

Not sure, reserves/futures vs vested veteran thing is too confusing. I know that once you’ve been on a active roster for a certain amount of time you can’t be signed to the practice squad. But considering he practically spent 2 1/2 seasons on the practice squad makes me wonder how much more you can deal with trying to develope someone. Mo Alie-Cox has leaped over him in talent and has quite a lot of contract control left. I think that between Doyle, Ebron, Hewitt and Alie-Cox and then you have Ross Travis coming off IR there isn’t enough roster space for him 

2 hours ago, Warhorse said:

So Ishmael and Hogan are returns...right? Glad to see Collins gets another shot. Must have shown the staff something. Thanks for taking the time to do this WS. 

Reserves/Futures contract is basically a multi year (2 or 3 years) league minimum contract for players that either a) had been on the practice squad or b) had not been under contract to an NFL team at the close of the 2018 season. 

think of when we signed Jerrell Freeman from the CFL we gave him a 3 year deal on a reserves/futures contract. 

4 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

If there was doubt about whether or not Erik Swoope being done with the Colts,  I think this cements it

Yep, I kind of felt that at the end of the season. Now watch him get healthy with another team.....

For his sake, I hope he does. 

Archived