Sign in to follow this  
Wyld Stallyns

Colts sign 9 to Reserves/Futures contracts

tomorrow Phillip Walker will be cut and Tuesday Anthony Winbush will be cut to sign Phillip Walker 不不不

i am interested to know why Winbush has been listed as a DE all season and now is listed as LB.

Signed with the Raiders as an UDFA in 2015 spent time with Raiders, Ravens, Seahawks and in 2018 with Cardinals

Had to check, Eric Swoope was the only player from the practice squad not signed to a reserves/futures contract

On 1/13/2019 at 5:16 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

tomorrow Phillip Walker will be cut and Tuesday Anthony Winbush will be cut to sign Phillip Walker 不不不

i am interested to know why Winbush has been listed as a DE all season and now is listed as LB.

So Ishmaeland Hogan are returns...right? Glad to see Collins gets another shot. Must have shown the staff something. Thanks for taking the time to do this WS.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:18 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

Had to check, Eric Swoope was the only player from the practice squad not signed to a reserves/futures contract

Do you think his time is done?

2 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Do you think his time is done?

Not sure, reserves/futures vs vested veteranthing is too confusing. I know that once youve been on a active roster for a certain amount of time you cant be signed to the practice squad. But considering he practicallyspent 2 1/2 seasons on the practice squad makes me wonder how much more you can deal with trying to developesomeone. Mo Alie-Cox has leaped over him in talent and has quite a lot of contract control left. I think that between Doyle, Ebron, Hewitt and Alie-Cox and then you have Ross Travis coming off IR there isnt enough roster space for him

2 hours ago, Warhorse said:

So Ishmaeland Hogan are returns...right? Glad to see Collins gets another shot. Must have shown the staff something. Thanks for taking the time to do this WS.

Reserves/Futures contract is basically a multi year (2 or 3 years)league minimum contract for players that either a) had been on the practice squad or b) had not been under contract toan NFL team at the close of the 2018 season.

think of when we signed Jerrell Freeman from the CFL we gavehim a 3 year deal on a reserves/futures contract.

4 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

If therewas doubt about whether or not Erik Swoope being done with the Colts,I think this cements it

Yep, I kind of felt that at the end of the season. Now watch him get healthy with another team.....

For his sake, I hope he does.