Anthony Barr

MOSteelers56

I believe Barr has a good chance at getting $10M per year. If he can, that is great for him. At that price I would let him go to his highest bidder. It isn't so much that I don't think he is worth $10M per year but the Vikings simply do not have the money for it given other needs that I see as higher priorities. The team can't unspend some of the money they already have committed for 2019 and that spent money makes it hard to pay Barr.

38 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Poor. It’s probably his worst attribute. 

Unsurprisingly, I'd disagree with that. :D

He's probably one of the 5-7 best LBs in all of the NFL in pass coverage.  His inconsistency is what drives people bonkers.  When he's on, he's one of the best there is.  His worst attribute is that inconsistency...and his frequency to disappear when rushing the passer.  He's an elite LB in coverage. Don't let that game vs the Rams cloud you...he never should have been put in the positions he was in that game.  

16 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I believe Barr has a good chance at getting $10M per year. If he can, that is great for him. At that price I would let him go to his highest bidder. It isn't so much that I don't think he is worth $10M per year but the Vikings simply do not have the money for it given other needs that I see as higher priorities. The team can't unspend some of the money they already have committed for 2019 and that spent money makes it hard to pay Barr.

That is fair.  Like I said, I think he probably wants to get $14M+.  I personally wouldn't even consider signing him for anywhere above ~$12M, but even then, it's still a question of where I'd put him in the priority, because signing him would be contingent on other moves being made, such as potential restructures/extensions/cuts of other players such as Rudolph, Everson, Thielen, Remmers and Sendejo.  I'm not sure I would still do it, but I'd certainly consider it.  

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

He's probably one of the 5-7 best LBs in all of the NFL in pass coverage.  His inconsistency is what drives people bonkers.  When he's on, he's one of the best there is.  His worst attribute is that inconsistency...and his frequency to disappear when rushing the passer.  He's an elite LB in coverage. Don't let that game vs the Rams cloud you...he never should have been put in the positions he was in that game.  

Being consistently poor against the pass is about the only consistency that Barr shows. 

Point to one game where Barr’s coverage skills stood out. 

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Being consistently poor against the pass is about the only consistency that Barr shows. 

Point to one game where Barr’s coverage skills stood out. 

Point to one game other than the Rams game where they were throwing constantly at him.  More often than not, coverage skills are more about where they don't throw, then where they do.  

20 hours ago, swede700 said:

Exactly...left one on one with wide receivers would invite coverage failures by 99% of NFL linebackers! 

There's some news that Connor Barwin will be released by the Giants.  I know he's 32 years old...but, I don't believe he's ever been seriously injured (I'm not sure).  If Barr leaves, would Barwin be a good pick up to potentially start for a year or two...or add experienced depth?

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

If Barr walks, it'd be interesting to see if the Lions let Eli Harold walk.  He is still awfully young and has yet to really prove anything yet, but still has significant upside.  

Again, not really the same position. Harold is a Rush LB or an even front DE. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Not according to your favorite website, OTC.  According to them, he's a 4-3 OLB.    ;)

He plays OLB in Matt Patricia's hybrid 3-4 (as a backup I might add), and was drafted as an edge rusher by the 49ers. He's an edge rusher, not an off the ball linebacker.

Archived