To Be or Not to Be. That is the Eagle Question

Nabbs4u

Alright, season has come to an end and this current Eagles Team as constructed will never ever play together again as a Unit. Changes are on the horizon with several Key Vets. Cap casualties are bound to occur. Two simple questions 

Who stays (extended, signed, restructured)

Who goes  (Cut, FA, Trade, Retirement)

At this point I'm willing to let almost all of the impending FA's walk. I definitely want LeBlanc back. I think Graham will get offered a lot more money elsewhere, so is likely gone. Not interested in Darby or Tate. This is going to be a massive roster overhaul this season, quite excited for it. 

Pos Player  Status  transaction Team 
DE Graham UFA Gone Indy
WR Tate UFA Gone Jax
WR Wallace UFA Gone Hou
DT Ngata UFA Retire -
OG Warmack UFA Gone Ten
DE Long UFA Resigned Phi
S Maragos UFA Gone -
S Graham UFA Gone -
RB Sproles UFA Retire -
CB Darby UFA Gone KC
LB  Worrilow UFA Gone -
TE Rodgers UFA Gone MN
LB  Reynolds UFA Resigned Phi
WR Matthews UFA Gone NYJ
LB  Hicks UFA Gone Cin
RB Ajayi UFA Gone SF
LB  Alexander UFA Gone ATL
QB Sudfeld RFA Resigned Phi
LS Lovato RFA Resigned Phi
K Elliott ERFA Resigned Phi

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Surprised how many of you just want to boot Hrahsm like he doesn’t even matter 

For the money he's going to ask for, at his age, based off how he performed as a whole this season, it's not worth it given our situation.

I think Graham comes back. Howie loves Graham. The money won't make sense but it'll be an "emotional intelligence" move and not a financially intelligent one.

Golden Tate needs to be gone. I don't fault the Eagles for trying. But he looks like an average WR who isn't really competing that hard. He just seems nonchalant.

Sproles needs to retire. 

Not sure about Darby. Young guys filled in nicely. 

Jordan Matthews might stick around as a depth player. He probably still wants to play with Carson. 

Ajayi probably gone. Need to draft a legitimate starting RB.

Elliott needs a ten year contract. 

I can see BG taking a hometown discount, for around 10m per. Let's say 20m fully guaranteed for two years. I'd do that. 

Agholor is extended for another two years to decrease his 9m+ cap hit. 

Same goes to Bennett. He has no guaranteed money, so he is getting a signing bonus to decrease his hit. I think Long retires. 

I hope at least 1 out of Hicks / Darby / Hicks get a short term prove it deal. Would love to have all three back tbh. I cannot see any of these guys getting a long term contract from the Eagles at this point. 

Jernigan needs to take a paycut, otherwise he is cut for the cap savings. No guaranteed money any more for him. 

I think McLeod also gets the axe. Good player though, but not worth for his cap hit - especially after an injury. 

Foles will be traded. 

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

For the money he's going to ask for, at his age, based off how he performed as a whole this season, it's not worth it given our situation.

To me I put Graham, Hicks and Darby all in different tiers of the same category.  They are all players I would like back at the right cost. They might price themselves out of here but Howie should at least be trying to bring them back. The money I’d be willing to sink into them and the likelyhood they are back I would rank 

1) Graham

2) Hicks

3) Darby

I think Long and Graham I think are tied together. The Eagles will have two pick one of the two.

I could see either Hicks or Darby having slow markets because of injury histories and then coming back on 1 year deals

Sudfield and Elliott are RFA’s do they’ll be back. 

Really money isn’t that bad. With Foles gone, Timmy released, an extension to lower the cap hit for Nelson and possibly Kelce and maybe a restructure of Alston gives the Eagles like 30 mill. If Peters and/or Long retire, that could open up more room still. 

Serious question, how many 31 year old defensive ends are worth the sort of money Graham will likely command? I just don't see it. He didn't stand out this year either. I'm thankful he finally turned into a great player for us, helped us enormously last year, but it's time to act like the Pats and forget emotions and make the sensible decision. Get out just before the cliff drop. 

Certainly need to reload a bit but with Barnett, Bennett and Long (retire?), it’s a decent core to go into next season. Hopefully, Sweat takes a leap and/or we draft a prospect high. But I don’t think Graham is in play for us next year. 

Howie and Joe have their work cut out for them for sure. 

Archived