To Be or Not to Be. That is the Eagle Question

Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

Serious question, how many 31 year old defensive ends are worth the sort of money Graham will likely command? I just don't see it. He didn't stand out this year either. I'm thankful he finally turned into a great player for us, helped us enormously last year, but it's time to act like the Pats and forget emotions and make the sensible decision. Get out just before the cliff drop. 

Well....Michael Bennett signed a 3 year 30.5 million dollar deal the year before he got traded to us. That said the deal had 0 guarantees after year one. I think all of us could swallow this kind of contract and it would be a 3.5 million/year increase for Brandon.

I sincerely hope Peters retires. I love him, but he just can't stay on the field and the LT position is one that demands consistency. Sproles should be gone as well.

Graham and Tate are both likely gone unless we get one of them at a discount somehow. Hicks will get paid more than he is worth, but we should try and retain him as he is a solid player.

I'm actually ok with a major overhaul...you can't win consistently at the end of the year with a bunch of aging vets. 

New England does it again...only person protecting 41 year old Brady close to old is 30 yr old Marcus Cannon. 

A defense that is pretty young...and BB only highlights players best attributes and hides their flaws. 

It's clear BG wants to remain a Eagle and is willing to take a Home Town Discount listening to his last interview in the locker room. I'm curious what kind of offer Howie makes and or if He intentionally low balls him ala Dawk with Banner? Not suggesting they are similar players but I do believe in both cases, The GM in charge was/is ready to move on in their own mind. Just hope this too isn't a mistake!!

Just don't be completely disrespectful with an offer like Banner!!!

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Is Timmy being cut a foregone conclusion? Coincidence or not, defense definitely seemed to be on a different level when he cam back into the lineup. Maybe restructure? Him and Cox are great duo to have.

I think anyone that gave you more than Ngata would have done that. Ngata should have never been getting those reps. He would have been great in a reserve role but was forced to play a lot more than probably expected. Not real sure what Timmy’s number looks like but I think he’s replaceable. But you def need a guy to play next to Cox most of the time. Maybe Suh? He’ll be looking for a new contract right? 

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Is Timmy being cut a foregone conclusion? Coincidence or not, defense definitely seemed to be on a different level when he cam back into the lineup. Maybe restructure? Him and Cox are great duo to have.

Its not a gotegone conclusion but given the strength of this draft class is DT it certainly makes sense to move on from him and draft a guy and sign a cheaper vet.

i do like Timmy a lot though.

Part of me wants to call up the Bucs with their coaching change and see if they really want to keep big Beau and what it would cost to get him back. Cox, Big Beau, Rookie 1st or 2nd rounder and Hester sounds like a good roation to me 

The trenches: 

DE: I think we have a few young guys Barnett, Sweat and now Hall they’ll likely keep and then 1 or 2 of the vets. Bennett easy contract and Long. If Bennett puts up a stink about his deal they’ll look to keep BG for the right price. 

DT: I say space eater to replace Ngata but can  Hector/Hester be counted on? I think Timmy is gone. He had fresh legs can he be 2017 Timmy J again? Restructured deal? 

OT: Peters retire and move to a coaching position. Vaitai as your starting LT? Nope. I think its maybe too late at this point to move Lane. Have the dancing bear the rugby guy and Vaitai battle it out.

OG: Seumalo and Brooks, Wiz probably starting the year off. If rumor is true about Kelce Wiz should kick in to C and move Pryor or Warmack (resign?) to RG. 

OC: I would hate to see Kelce leave but I’d understand. I read somewhere that during the off-season his weight could drop under 250 that’s got to take a toll on his body. The constant fluctuations

47 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

@nlesthought, I don't think we can count on Brooks realistically for next year with the Achilles.  I would def want to draft someone.

Fall back of Isaac and Wiz starting the year out is oook, but yeah need to add one.
Same with tackle...if Peters is gone you can have Vaitai and Mailata fight for it, but need a trusty switch tackle

God It would be amazing if the Australian Giant somehow can get up to speed and truly contend for the LT spot in 2019.

I know contact is limited in the offseason by the Staff but it would be "beneficial " if they "arranged" a private "trainer" outside the Organization with knowledge of what Stout wants taught/expects from his OL for the next 4-5 months until OTA's.

I honestly couldn't imagine if he turned into a Peters 2.0 (converted LT) for the next decade plus??

10 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

@nlesthought, I don't think we can count on Brooks realistically for next year with the Achilles.  I would def want to draft someone.

I wasn't, but I don't know if there will be a rookie OG that can start Day 1...Do you want to draft an OG in the first? Nah...

They were high enough on Matt Pryor to keep him on the active roster despite not playing a down, he's listed as G/T, Warmack somehow played 9 games this year, mostly ST?

16 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Well....Michael Bennett signed a 3 year 30.5 million dollar deal the year before he got traded to us. That said the deal had 0 guarantees after year one. I think all of us could swallow this kind of contract and it would be a 3.5 million/year increase for Brandon.

That's fair. I guess we'll see what sort of interest he draws. We definitely need to get younger guys starting on this line though. Hopefully Sweat and Barnett step up considerably. 

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

God It would be amazing if the Australian Giant somehow can get up to speed and truly contend for the LT spot in 2019.

I know contact is limited in the offseason by the Staff but it would be "beneficial " if they "arranged" a private "trainer" outside the Organization with knowledge of what Stout wants taught/expects from his OL for the next 4-5 months until OTA's.

I honestly couldn't imagine if he turned into a Peters 2.0 (converted LT) for the next decade plus??

I'd love for that to happen but I'm also a realist. It took Jason 3 years to even get up to enough speed to be a starter and he was someone who played American football growing up. Mailata literally just had his first season of American football in his entire life. WHile I'm excited about his future prospects in no way shape or form and I banking on him any more than I would for any other 7th round pick.

Archived