Pace and Nagy Year End Press Conference

WindyCity

I thought someone should get a thread going.

I do not expect anything that ground breaking or interesting. Good first step, not happy with how it ended, building for the future.

I would like to have the reporters hold Pace's feet to the fire yet about the horrendous Parkey contract and his support of him right up to the Eagles pre game.

I would also like to hear about the lack of cap and picks and how they are going to approach a challenging offseason.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

As happy as I am that Parkey will be gone, it's unfortunate that he still gets $9M.

I'd rather they just eat their mistakes instead of keep guys like that around. You can live with them just parting ways even if there's dead money. 

10 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I'd rather they just eat their mistakes instead of keep guys like that around. You can live with them just parting ways even if there's dead money. 

Oh I get that. I just mean that it sucks knowing that a human being who blew at his job is going to walk away from all of this extremely rich.

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh I get that. I just mean that it sucks knowing that a human being who blew at his job is going to walk away from all of this extremely rich.

That's the NFL for you.  Look at Sam Bradford and how much money he has robbed from teams over the years.

RT @Rich_Campbell: Pace on taking guaranteed money into account on roster decisions, with the subtext being Parkey: “The most importance thing is performance.”

RT @danwiederer: Reading between the lines of today's presser: There is < 1% chance that Cody Parkey is the Bears kicker in Week 1 of 2019. It's a matter of when not if the Bears set him free.

RT @danwiederer: Neither Pace nor Nagy slammed the door shut on the possibility that the Bears might eventually consider signing RB Kareem Hunt. To be clear, they're nowhere even close to that at this stage. But the tone of today's Q and A left the door wide open to that possibility.

RT @danwiederer: The positive energy that the Nagy and Pace are feeling towards new defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano is important and valuable. Now it's up to Pagano to sustain the major momentum the Bears defense built in 2018. That's still a tough task.

Outside of the Parkey talk:

-Picking up Leonard Floyd's 5th year

and a whole lot of Kareem Hunt talk directed to Nagy, who apparently has been in contact with him as recently as a week ago....

Thought that was pretty interesting in itself... EDIT: Mostly because I expected a near 0% chance he'd be a real consideration for us, given the DV issues and the drama after that guy Fangio brought in from SF (who's name is escaping me atm).... I'm still not sure he'd be given a go ahead on that move, but it felt like Kareem Hunt was the most talked about actual player overall for a Bears post season presser, which was notable.

Haha you can see the fire still burning in Nagy's eyes in today's presser.  You can tell that this guy is such a competitor and will stop at nothing to ensure this team has long term success.  Call me a homer but my money is on these guys to win the North again.

Archived