Pace and Nagy Year End Press Conference

WindyCity

Genuinely baffled by some of the twitter takes of "why are you guys mad at Cody Parkey? variety

He sucks hard, he has had a number of incredibly bad looking revelations (not practicing at Soldier Field, then the goddamn pity tour) and man does he suck hard

I certainly don't advocate for hurting the guy or the horribly classless people harassing him, but I do think he should be cut with extreme prejudice as soon as the cap situation warrants it best (june 1?) 

Also,  I think Pace and Nagy took a professional approach that also left zero doubt as to what kind of **** will not be tolerated.  Not exactly saying there is an inspiring way to cut your kicker, but I continue to respect the Bears FO 

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

Genuinely baffled by some of the twitter takes of "why are you guys mad at Cody Parkey? variety

He sucks hard, he has had a number of incredibly bad looking revelations (not practicing at Soldier Field, then the goddamn pity tour) and man does he suck hard

I certainly don't advocate for hurting the guy or the horribly classless people harassing him, but I do think he should be cut with extreme prejudice as soon as the cap situation warrants it best (june 1?) 

Also,  I think Pace and Nagy took a professional approach that also left zero doubt as to what kind of **** will not be tolerated.  Not exactly saying there is an inspiring way to cut your kicker, but I continue to respect the Bears FO 

You see Nagy during that presser? Yeesh... dude was doing his absolute best to not flip the freaking table over.

23 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Could be.  Whatever the case I think he will be hard pressed to ever get another opportunity again kicking for an NFL team.

I hadn't thought of that actually. At most he might get a camp look as competition or as an emergency list kicker. 

46 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Parkey's wife said she's proud of him because he gives football everything he has.

Really? Is that why it took him 2.5 months to get his sorry *** to Soldier Field to practice kicks?

Haha I don't think practicing at Soldier Field more would have made any difference for him.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He put the spotlight on himself and got a pat on the back for failing his team mates. That moment, that miss, that game, was about more than just him. I also think that they did not like the move in terms of the local media and the fan base.

I think there is some anger because he did not show up to the open locker room on Monday to talk to reporters and left everyone else to answer questions and then he does a national media show.

On a more basic level. It is common practice to let the team know before you do national TV spots. I think they feel like he withheld it and did not give them the opportunity to weigh in.

I guess.  Not first time something like this has happened.  They did a whole documentary on Buffalo kicker who missed.  

People are curious how you recover from it and move on.  Why show booked him.

Not exactly shocking.  I don't think he got a pat on the back for failing his teammates, I think it is a we feel bad for you pat on the back. 

Not informing them was dumb.  I suppose I am just not that offended by going on a show to talk about it.  Maybe he thought he would humanize the situation and simply  badly miscalculated the public reaction.  

I am sure he wants nothing more than to go back in time and make that kick.  He would have been carried off the field if he makes it, nobody wants to look at him if he misses.  He may never kick in NFL again.  Not like he doesn't care.

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I guess.  Not first time something like this has happened.  They did a whole documentary on Buffalo kicker who missed.  

People are curious how you recover from it and move on.  Why show booked him.

Not exactly shocking.  I don't think he got a pat on the back for failing his teammates, I think it is a we feel bad for you pat on the back. 

Not informing them was dumb.  I suppose I am just not that offended by going on a show to talk about it.  Maybe he thought he would humanize the situation and simply  badly miscalculated the public reaction.  

I am sure he wants nothing more than to go back in time and make that kick.  He would have been carried off the field if he makes it, nobody wants to look at him if he misses.  He may never kick in NFL again.  Not like he doesn't care.

They did a documentary on him because his career fell apart.

Parkey WILLINGLY (some say it was his or his agent's idea) went on TV not even a week after he blew that kick.

I don’t think it’s that a big a deal.

Bailing on your teammates is getting a hooker, DUI, getting hurt doing something stupid or worst of all simply no showing before a big game (Brown).  Lying about an incident and getting kicked off team during a SB run (Hunt).  There are examples of other guys doing above, but I can’t remember who and when. 

Or in another lesser perhaps more excusable vain having a psychiatric episode and no showing.  Raiders player wigged out I think once. Can’t remember details.  A lot of people think our TE did.  

Missing an epic kick and going on Today show isn’t bailing.  It’s just a bad ill thought PR move.   Like Lebron’s decision show announcing his signing with Miami.  

I mean Nagy is calling Hunt because he is worried about “the man.”  LOL Please. 

Reid isn’t calling Hunt. Reid is fing pissed at Hunt.  Hunt may have cost him a SB and a historic legacy.  Nagy is calling Hunt because he is recruiting. They may be friends to an extent, but if Nagy was still coaching in KC he is pissed just like he is pissed at Parkey. More so.  Hunt did the me thing to KC.

I want Hunt, but I am not a hypocrite.  His talent at this time simply outweighs the negatives. Not saying his talent outweighs beating women.  Saying his talent and benefit to my team outweighs risk and likelihood of him doing it again.  

He is going to work in league again. Might as well work for Bears.  

I don’t want Parkey because he can’t kick. I do want Hunt because he can run and catch.  

Parkey is living a good life and Hunt is not. I personally like Parkey “the man” better than Hunt.  By all accounts he a good husband, father and citizen.  I feel sorry for Parkey.  He didn’t make a play and it cost him dearly.  I don’t feel sorry for Hunt.  He made his own bed.  

Yeah I don't look at what Hunt did as "beating a woman". I've seen a woman get beaten growing up, and what he did wasn't far, far from that. (neither of which is okay, mind you)

To @dll2000 's point, Nagy ABSOLUTELY was recruiting Hunt, but I also think Nagy does care about Hunt as a person too. He said he spoke to him last week (pretty much after our season ended). I'm sure he's telling him to keep his nose clean, put together a speech or something to present to the Chicago Bears brass and ownership, and based on that if he gets the green-light he will be a Chicago Bear.

Reid couldn’t keep Hunt because team discipline would suffer.  Also maybe for league punishment reasons. 

Almost any coach would have done same thing. 

But Reid would take Hunt in a heartbeat if Hunt was a Bears player released in same situation. 

Way this game works. 

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Yeah I don't look at what Hunt did as "beating a woman". I've seen a woman get beaten growing up, and what he did wasn't far, far from that.

I just wanted to clarify what I meant by talent outweighing negatives.  I wasn’t balancing the actual crime versus talent.  I was balancing what situation and risk is now with the talent  

battery, simple assault, disorderly conduct, - whatever people want to call it.  

Of course 2nd chances don’t mean 3rd chances.  

Archived