The injury prone players need to go!

mar29020

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly, I love Trent, but if we can get value for him, trade him. We need to plan for the future. Drafting a new LT and letting Colt McCoy get killed next year isn’t a bad idea. 

Think about a rookie LT contract over the money we are giving T-Will. It is in our best interests to evaluate all roster spots and their representative value. Trent is arguably one of best bargaining chips. Throw Nsekhe in there at a bargain of the cost. Resign Scherff. Plan on two new tackles in the next 2-3 years.

I may be the minority, but Trents value isn’t going to get any higher. 

William's wont get much in trade.

I think the better option is to draft a quality LT in the first or second round, play them at LG for their rookie year, then swap Williams and the drafted player. Williams is an expensive guard, but this is offset by a LT on a rookie deal.

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

William's wont get much in trade.

I think the better option is to draft a quality LT in the first or second round, play them at LG for their rookie year, then swap Williams and the drafted player. Williams is an expensive guard, but this is offset by a LT on a rookie deal.

Didn't they just kind of do that with Geron Christian?

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Didn't they just kind of do that with Geron Christian?

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Remains to be seen with Christian, but ya, they spent the 3rd on him he needs to be given a chance.

Hes nice depth. Or Moses replacement when we cut him.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe try a new o-line regime and a new S&C coach.

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

How does a new strength and conditioning coach help Redskins' players avoid concussions, potential nerve damage, broken legs, and sprained joints?

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's not Callahan's fault, not sure how he keeps getting blamed for this aside from one idiot radio guy speaking about it.  

I'm not saying fire the guy, just if there's merit, maybe change it up. If not, that's fine too. 

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

How does a new strength and conditioning coach help Redskins' players avoid concussions, potential nerve damage, broken legs, and sprained joints?

I guess we did this song and dance already in another thread, but essentially it's acknowledged that you can't avoid the bolded. There are plenty of other injuries that you can help prevent, or rehab better, or avoid, and I don't think our S&C staff has done that. 

The second primary goal is to reduce athletic injuries. To that end, conditioning coaches often design regimens to strengthen body parts that are prone to injury in a particular sport. Andrew Moser, Strength Coach at Iowa State University agrees, saying, "Student-athletes can have a great training plan that improves their speed, agility, strength, explosiveness, etc., but if we can't keep them healthy and out there competing, then all of the training improvements don't help us." Thus to prevent athletes from getting injured during training, conditioning coaches must know the correct exercise and lifting techniques and be able to teach them to athletes. The conditioning coach also monitors athletes' general health, sometimes providing nutritional advice or referring athletes to a registered dietitian if they need more sophisticated nutritional counseling.

https://us.humankinetics.com/blogs/excerpt/strength-and-conditioning-coach

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317172542_Sports_Injury_Prevention_The_Role_of_the_Strength_and_Conditioning_Coach

If you want some light reading. (It's not light). 

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not saying fire the guy, just if there's merit, maybe change it up. If not, that's fine too. 

There's no merit to it whatsoever.  The whole premise was that he works the offensive line before and/or after the normal practice, and that the extra practice is causing injury.  First, if that were truly the case of a lot of extra practice, the NFLPA would be all over it- practices are already very limited and half of the week practices are walk-throughs.  Second, if Callahan's methods were indeed the cause of all of the OL injuries, you would see a pattern in his past coaching jobs.  He made it through three seasons with the Jets and Cowboys, and guess what?  Each year was a remarkably clean bill of health all things considered.  

It's this article- https://thefandc.radio.com/craig-hoffman-bill-callahan-partially-to-blame-redskins-injuries.  I find it hard to believe Hoffman has a background as a physical trainer, since this opinion is terrible. 

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's this article- https://thefandc.radio.com/craig-hoffman-bill-callahan-partially-to-blame-redskins-injuriesI find it hard to believe Hoffman has a background as a physical trainer, since this opinion is terrible. 

lazyshrug.jpg 

to each his own. Again, I'm not advocating Callahan is doing anything wrong. It's my thought vs your opinion on the article vs what Hoffman said. He sees what he sees. He's in a better position than we are tbh, so I wasn't brushing it off is all. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I guess we did this song and dance already in another thread, but essentially it's acknowledged that you can't avoid the bolded. There are plenty of other injuries that you can help prevent, or rehab better, or avoid, and I don't think our S&C staff has done that. 

https://us.humankinetics.com/blogs/excerpt/strength-and-conditioning-coach

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317172542_Sports_Injury_Prevention_The_Role_of_the_Strength_and_Conditioning_Coach

If you want some light reading. (It's not light). 

It's literally impossible to avoid injury in this game. 

Blaming the S&C coach for the injuries is like blaming the service technician at your local Chevy dealer for GM going under

29 minutes ago, Slateman said:

It's literally impossible to avoid injury in this game. 

Blaming the S&C coach for the injuries is like blaming the service technician at your local Chevy dealer for GM going under

But you can do things to prevent certain injuries. Or do things that help speed up/improve/recover from certain injuries. We have so many lingering injuries on this team too. Again, not talking about the Alex Smith/Colt McCoy stuff.

If you want to infer that we're Top 10 in injuries for 4 straight seasons just to bad luck also, by all means. I don't buy it though. 

Archived