The injury prone players need to go!

mar29020

objectively, this roster is not that bad. the issue is health. we need to get rid of the injury prone guys like jordan reed, shaun lavou, and colt. because they cannot be relied on. I know trent gets hurt a lot but he is to good to let go. we need to address the depth of this team. hopefully they can do that this offseason. realistically, they could build this roster up very well for the next young qb we draft. 

31 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

objectively, this roster is not that bad. the issue is health. we need to get rid of the injury prone guys like jordan reed, shaun lavou, and colt. because they cannot be relied on. I know trent gets hurt a lot but he is to good to let go. we need to address the depth of this team. hopefully they can do that this offseason. realistically, they could build this roster up very well for the next young qb we draft. 

Honestly, I love Trent, but if we can get value for him, trade him. We need to plan for the future. Drafting a new LT and letting Colt McCoy get killed next year isn’t a bad idea. 

Think about a rookie LT contract over the money we are giving T-Will. It is in our best interests to evaluate all roster spots and their representative value. Trent is arguably one of best bargaining chips. Throw Nsekhe in there at a bargain of the cost. Resign Scherff. Plan on two new tackles in the next 2-3 years.

I may be the minority, but Trents value isn’t going to get any higher. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, when Bailey does go into the HOF, it will definitely be as a Bronco.  That was one of the worst trades in recent memory in the NFL.  

Champ AND a 2nd for Portis. Highway robbery. CP had to be the best RB of all time for that trade to not flop.

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Champ AND a 2nd for Portis. Highway robbery. CP had to be the best RB of all time for that trade to not flop.

They had no choice. Champ refused to play for the team. Throwing in the second is what messed it up but Portis is arguably our best RB ever. 

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Chris Samuels was drafted by the Redskins under Snyder, but without the Champ Bailey trade, we would've been left with a choice of either Arrington or Samuels 

The Champ Bailey trade didn't get us the #3 overall pick.  We had another first from the Saints ridiculous trade the previous year for Ricky Williams and then we made some moves to trade up and have back to back picks if my memory serves me. 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Champ Bailey trade didn't get us the #3 overall pick.  We had another first from the Saints ridiculous trade the previous year for Ricky Williams and then we made some moves to trade up and have back to back picks if my memory serves me. 

So we got the #12 pick in 1999 back from the Saints, which we turned into the pick for Champ Bailey by trading up.  

We got the #2 pick in 2000 from the Saints in the same deal, which meant that, with our #3 pick, we didn't have to "settle" on either Arrington or Samuels.  

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So we got the #12 pick in 1999 back from the Saints, which we turned into the pick for Champ Bailey by trading up.  

We got the #2 pick in 2000 from the Saints in the same deal, which meant that, with our #3 pick, we didn't have to "settle" on either Arrington or Samuels.  

Oh.  Its confusing the way you wrote it, I would of called that the "Ricky Williams trade".  When you say Champ Bailey trade it makes me think of when we traded him away for Portis.  

Archived